DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can you challenge a warrant?? I swear Tarrant county hates me, I got frickin' arrested on a warrant they said was issued in October of 2000. I know I've been pulled over several times in the last 2 years, and it's never come up. If it's the warrant they say it is, I payed it off back in 2000 (because I knew I'd get stopped for speeding and didnt want to get arrested. . .so much for that!). Is it possible they are just trying to f*ck with me? Maybe it never got entered into the computer when I gave them the money the first time. . . .

All I know is it was F*ing expensive, PLUS I had to pay to get my car out of impound.

any helpfull insights into my world of woe?

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had problems with this sort of stuff before, apparantly counties, states and cities have problems entering my information into their respective databases. I used to carry around a "Do NOT Arrest Me" folder, but I hadnt gotten a ticket in so long, I didnt think I had anything left to worry about. Guess I was wrong.

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont know, I'll have to look again. I haven't found anything yet, but I've moved three times since the warrant was issued- it's quite possible that it didnt make it from place to place.

would there be no other way to prove I payed it without me finding a physical recipt?

· Certified CRAZY!
4,006 Posts
Good luck at sorting it out!

BUT, just because you get pulled over doesn't mean they will arrest you or even bring up the topic of your warrant even when they are aware of it. A LOT of agencys will not arrest you simply on a "traffic warrant"......just too much trouble. Hope ya get it sorted out!

Becky

· Certified CRAZY!
4,006 Posts
BloomCountyGirl said:
Lucky me, too bad Coppell PD had nothing better to do at 3am on christmas night. . . :mad: :rolleyes:
That's pretty crappy!!!!!!:(

· Premium Member
5,697 Posts
racegirl said:
A LOT of agencys will not arrest you simply on a "traffic warrant"......just too much trouble.
denton tried to pick one of my friends up on a traffic warrant, was funny watching him scramble to the attic to hide :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.