Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how the hell oyu get it off!?!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn bolts won't loosen. and that is right. letfie loosie rightie tighty?

·
Scared s**tless
13,733 Posts
ok, do you want the whole thng removed or just the tube??

1 1/16 will remove the tube, if memory serves me right. use a prybar to get it out of the EGR port itself.

there are 2 13mm nuts that hold most EGRs to the intake. remove those and pry it away from the intake. watch for the gasket: they like to fall off and hide in various places. :mad:

PS - keep the gasket because it will leak without it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is there anything i can put over the hole in the intake so not to suck air? and it is a 1' nut. oh, i put LOTS of wd-40 on it too.

·
Out
36,504 Posts
If you're gonna leave it off, take everything off. I took the valve off and made a blocking plate out of sheet metal (use the gasket as a stincil). APut a gasket back on, then the sheetmetal plate. I'd also take the tubes off from the back of your heads and throw a bolt in them to block the holes. You can let the pump stzay to pass a visual inspection without any lines running to it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pump is gone my friend. what do i do with the wires? leave them connected? cut them off?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the little green one?

·
Scared s**tless
13,733 Posts
Denny said:
What if he wants/has to go back to emmissions legal? I sold a car to a guy that wanted to put it all back. He wouldn't have bought it if he couldn't.
i got another idea: cut the fuckers off, and put the wires in the glovebox in case someone wants to go legal.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so snip em all back to where they all start? no problems?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
will it affect anything? do i need to alter anything else? thanks for all your help guys!:D

·
Scared s**tless
13,733 Posts
llamastang said:
so snip em all back to where they all start? no problems?
yea. no problems. cap the ends tho...

you can always solder them back on if need be.

you are going to throw an EGR code when it is removed, just an FYI...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wtf is an egr code? will i still run alright?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.