DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
18,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: vipers sound like...

Forrest said:
agreed, they sound like an elephant farting through a trumpet...

better watch those diesel comments though! :mad: :D

Forrest

okay.. it sounded like the diesel i heard driving to speedworks. it had a lawncare sticker on the back ;)

there was also a guy there with a MINT fox conv.. the body was 100% straight... bottlerocket and i directed him towards this site :D

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
jw33 said:
They sound like a UPS truck.
honestly, I think UPS trucks sound WAY better... that old 6cyl diesel rattling away in there does something for me... :)

a viper sounds like a pair of farm tractors driving next to eachother...

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
Vipers sound like neon's on steriods

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
viper dyno numbers

personally, I like these numbers better (and would much rather have something like this with cash left over in my pocket than a Viper)

dude on TDR just dyno'd his 98 Cummins today after putting twins on it... stock 215hp fuel pump :D SAE corrected numbers were 701hp/1421tq... it'll boil all four tires at will, and the turbos he's running could be purchased for under $700 for the pair on ebay ('course, his twin disk clutch probably set him back about $1700! :eek: )

still fuckin' sweet... I bet it sounds pretty bad ass when those hooters spool up too! :cool:

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
yeah, the big news in diesel dyno stuff is the ability to register up to 2000 ftlbs! :D

but the numbers can be calculated off of the horsepower curve... I'm sure he posted the uncorrected dyno graph because the power number was 9hp higher than the corrected :rolleyes: :p

Forrest

·
1,766 Posts
rtigert has the badest viper i've ever seen. it has custom headers, with the side exits and the mother fucker screams. think its like 650hp. big wheels, big spoiler, big brakes, big hard on.:D badest car i ever rode in. including his mustang.

·
Merry HoHo
32,791 Posts
bpawl said:
rtigert has the badest viper i've ever seen. it has custom headers, with the side exits and the mother fucker screams. think its like 650hp. big wheels, big spoiler, big brakes, big hard on.:D badest car i ever rode in. including his mustang.
where has milsap been lately?

·
I'm callin you out!
14,447 Posts
Not all V10s sound bad. Did anyone catch the thing on TLC where they showed how they made the new Shelby Cobra? They put that V10 in a 03 cobra to test it and it was the baddest sounding motor ford has ever made. The intake on that sucker gave it a WICKED sound under the hood.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts