DFW Mustang Forums banner

Very busy and expensive weekend for me

583 views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  Frogger 
#1 ·
Wow! Spent a little over $5K this weekend and racked up another 1K miles on the SuperCrew :D Got off from work Saturday afternoon from Westlake and drove to Pleasant Grove to meet up with BlueStang2k to pick up a couple of things from him (thanks man!). Then drove up to Lewisville to meet up with Ponypimpin93 to pick up an '03 IRS (thanks man!). Then did a 11 hour marathon to Odessa and back today to pick up an '00 Yamaha R6 from Nokturnal96's buddy that included a breakfast and lunch stop (the beer was damn good at Chili's in Odessa after a long drive), two gas stops, and meeting up with 99_lightning and StolenFox (thanks guys). All the overtime I've been working is starting to pay off.

Whew! First pic of the R6 at my house. Pardon the dirty 'Vert and my dad's van.

#8 ·
damn dude, and i though we spent money lol

hey pm me, i have a few questions for you

#10 ·
Looks good, nice to see you are on two now :D

#12 ·
HOLY SHIT!!

YOu bought an Rsizzle, What are you doing this week? I'd love to see it, been a long time. I'm so excited for you. Let me know ANY TIME you want to ride. If you have any questions about the R6 just let me know. If it needs oil, parts, anything just let me know i've had that bike apart bigtime.

Just PM me and let me know when we can go ride!!!!

Sj

#17 ·
Didn't get much of a chance to ride it last night because I got in at 8pm and I was pretty tired from the long haul to Odessa and back. Just up the driveway (it's a pretty long driveway) and back. I won't be doing much of anything with it other than parking it until probably next month or March when I can take the safety course. Work schedule is real busy and I don't have much time to do much (hell I took yesterday off which was the first day I've had off in a long time :eek: ). It'll give me a chance to save up for a helmet, jacket, and gloves.

#21 ·
bitter jose said:
helmet, jacket, and gloves.
Do not go anywhere without a least a helmet, they are very cheap now, I saw some at the Honda shop for under $100.00 smacks and D.O.T approved too...'H'

#22 ·
BOOSTED32V said:
Do not go anywhere without a least a helmet, they are very cheap now, I saw some at the Honda shop for under $100.00 smacks and D.O.T approved too...'H'
Thanks man. I have a very healthy respect for it already and I've always been a believer in having and using the proper safety equipment so helmet and a jacket are necessities not an option.

#24 ·
Kenny_Stang said:
Congrats on your acquisitions Jose. Are you going to put the IRS on the vert?
Yup. I'm abandoning plans to install a Griggs setup I had bought a year ago and go with the IRS.

Here is a picture of what is left of a 4-5 foot tumble weed that I hit doing about 90 MPH :eek: Couldn't switch lanes because of a car next to me and with a combination of driving into the wind and a dust storm it snuck up on me really quick. Sorry about the low quality, took it from my phone because I forgot my digital camera.

#25 ·
bitter jose said:
Yup. I'm abandoning plans to install a Griggs setup I had bought a year ago and go with the IRS.

Here is a picture of what is left of a 4-5 foot tumble weed that I hit doing about 90 MPH :eek: Couldn't switch lanes because of a car next to me and with a combination of driving into the wind and a dust storm it snuck up on me really quick. Sorry about the low quality, took it from my phone because I forgot my digital camera.
LOL. Tumbleweed roadkill. :D

Any estimate when you'll have the vert back on the road with the IRS? I'm kinda pissed the new '05 GT's won't come with an IRS, especially since the chasis was originally designed to have an IRS. :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.