DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2K Gt do pullies have any side effects on the mod cars like they did on 5.0's? for example over heating in summer (due to slower water pump rotation) or dim headlights (due to slower alt. rotations) thanks for any replys or info.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The only time 4.6 underdrives can cause issues is if you have a mongo stereo system and you listen to it wide open sitting at idle. But if you actually drive the car, even huge stereos aren't a problem because you get full charge around 800 RPM, and all 4.6's come with a 130 amp alternator. I've got a deal going for Steeda pulleys for cheap right now. E-mail me if you're interested.

~Ron

S.E. Racing

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,573 Posts
i have dim headlights at idle.

I don't drive the car enough in traffic to tell you anything about overheating.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You yourself really has to define if something's worth it or not. Most bolt-on mods like this will make improvements somewhere, but usually in very small increments. You can add a ton of bolt-on's that'll add up into the thousands to get into the 260 rwhp range, or you can spend a little more and do a blower and get more like 400 rwhp. But blowers (or N2O) isn't for everybody, so small gain bolt-on's like pulleys are a good way to improve performance a little (they'll also increase mileage a few points).

My recommended bolt-on list for 99+ GT's is:

Anderson PowerPipe and K&N AirCharger
S.E. Racing intake spacer
FRPP 70mm throttle body
Steeda underdrive pulleys
Steeda timing adjuster
NGK TR-55 plugs
MagnaFlow X pipe with or without cats, or Dr. Gas off-road X pipe
MagnaFlow catback

Also adding BBK full-length headers (with Dr. Gas o/r X) is a very good mod, but it's a lot of money all in one shot. They're definitely worth it both n/a or with a major power adder applications, so keep them in mind. I usually have all this stuff in stock most of the time, or can have it within a day or two if you want to do something.

~Ron

S.E. Racing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.