DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody on here a UFC or Pride fan. IF so are ya watching the next UFC, a bunch of us are getting toghter at Sports City to watch the next UFC. Also how many of ya train in martial arts and where at.

·
in memory of "lil' Roy"
11,775 Posts
teamaka said:
Anybody on here a UFC or Pride fan. IF so are ya watching the next UFC, a bunch of us are getting toghter at Sports City to watch the next UFC. Also how many of ya train in martial arts and where at.
There are quite a few UFC fans on here! I think juiced89lx,JKD,hankman,and alot of other's but can't remember their screen names? :( and I think all of those guys train in martial arts of some variety! :D I myself am not too big on UFC but have a friend Guy Metzger that competes now and then! I use to compete as a Kickboxer and Boxed a few fight's as well as a few Muay Thai fight's! :cool:

·
Bitter Italian
6,101 Posts
teamaka said:

I guess you could say I'm a fan. ;) It has come to be the only sport I like any more. I'm not sure where Sports City is but if I'm not at the fights I think it would be cool to meet up. We (juiced89lx and I) are going to Vegas on the 8th to watch the finals to TUF live. I may stay the week and go to 52 as well. But yeah If I come back you can for sure put me down.

And yeah I have trained/need to get my lazy ass back in the gym.

Nick

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,109 Posts
Cant wait for UFC 52, I think Chuck and Randy are gonna have a pretty good fight.

·
BOOSTED32V Jr.
12,385 Posts
Anyone else pissed off because of the "rules stoppages" crap because of blood/cuts? Fuck that! Make those bitches fight till its over.

I think its gonna be Kenny F. and Diego in the Middleweight final. Fuck Koscheck!

·
Bitter Italian
6,101 Posts
SVTVenom said:
Anyone else pissed off because of the "rules stoppages" crap because of blood/cuts? Fuck that! Make those bitches fight till its over.

I think its gonna be Kenny F. and Diego in the Middleweight final. Fuck Koscheck!
I'm not pissed at the stoppage. If youve ever been in a fight you would know that you cant fight all too well if you cant see out of one of youe eyes.

I think it sucks that Chris is out, Kenny is good but I dont know that I want to pay 150 bucks to see him fight. That and I think Josh will dry hump diago to victory. The last thing I wanna see is a Josh/Kenny final.

K

·
0 Posts
UFC geek here too. I've been all over it for a while now but had no idea there were so many fans/people in training on here.

·
BOOSTED32V Jr.
12,385 Posts
KJ94GT said:
UFC geek here too. I've been all over it for a while now but had no idea there were so many fans/people in training on here.
I didn't like the show at first but it grew on me. I hope Diego pounds Koscheck.

What sucks is that you really can't interact with the fighters on the forum anymore because they have been put under a gag order until the show is over.

I think it would be cool to hear what really happened behind the scenes.

K

·
0 Posts
SVTVenom said:
I didn't like the show at first but it grew on me. I hope Diego pounds Koscheck.

What sucks is that you really can't interact with the fighters on the forum anymore because they have been put under a gag order until the show is over.

I think it would be cool to hear what really happened behind the scenes.
I'm not talking about the show. I'm talking about the UFC and MMA as a whole.

·
BOOSTED32V Jr.
12,385 Posts
KJ94GT said:
I'm not talking about the show. I'm talking about the UFC and MMA as a whole.
Oh. Before the show I think I had only seen 1 UFC event that I rented from Blockbuster a while back. It was aight but I liked WWF/WWE better because it had more of a plot to it.

K

·
0 Posts
SVTVenom said:
Oh. Before the show I think I had only seen 1 UFC event that I rented from Blockbuster a while back. It was aight but I liked WWF/WWE better because it had more of a plot to it.
That's what you need to understand about UFC/Pride. It's not a ******* soap opera like WWF/WWE. UFC/Pride is real fighting man. People actually get fucked up, not just faking it like "wrestling."

·
Your Daddy
4,090 Posts
which sports city will you be watching it at? I know that Nick's sports bar in The Colony is a sports city bar and they are showing it there. Is this the one yall plan on going to?
Im going to the TUF finals but I will be back in time for UFC 52. Let me know where yall are going to go and I'll meet up.

I think the local mma fights will be the weekend after the ufc. I'll post up here when I get all the info. We can have an mma gtg. lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sports city

The Sports City in Mesquite off of 30 and Galloway exit you can't miss it is by Hooters, as for the next Fight Night hosted by Steve Armstrong I will be there I am helping one of my buds train for that night he is fighting on that card.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
SVTVenom said:
LMGDAO...

·
Pushed to the limit
4,510 Posts
KJ94GT said:
That's what you need to understand about UFC/Pride. It's not a ******* soap opera like WWF/WWE. UFC/Pride is real fighting man. People actually get fucked up, not just faking it like "wrestling."
You mean rasslin'!

·
Large Member
2,330 Posts
teamaka said:
The Sports City in Mesquite off of 30 and Galloway exit you can't miss it is by Hooters, as for the next Fight Night hosted by Steve Armstrong I will be there I am helping one of my buds train for that night he is fighting on that card.

30 and Galloway????

·
Registered
459 Posts
I am a fan. I will be watching at a friends house. I think that Randy will win again, but I am a big fan of both fighters. I currently train bjj in Arlington, and also train vale tudo as well. I am hoping to get in the ring/cage next year sometime. I would love to train with some of the guys on here, and am eventually going to get together w/ JKD, as I hear that he has a TON of knowledge. If anyone ever wants to train/teach, I would love to learn.

Brian

1 - 20 of 53 Posts