DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Lifer
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Spike's Tactical lowers today:

Now to order lower parts kits and a couple of stock assemblies.

·
Every day is.............
9,150 Posts
Damn .gov computers will not even let me into Midwayusa.
;)

Send this Page to a Friend
Print this Page
Share this Product on
This lower receiver kit includes everything needed to build a complete a lower receiver, less a stock assembly and stripped lower receiver of your choice. All parts are made to standard military specs.

Kit Includes:

•Bolt Catch
•Bolt Catch Plunger
•Bolt Catch Roll Pin
•Bolt Catch Spring
•Buffer Retainer
•Buffer Retainer Spring
•Disconnector
•Disconnector Spring
•Hammer
•Hammer Pin
•Hammer Spring
•Magazine Catch
•Magazine Catch Button
•Magazine Catch Spring
•Pistol Grip
•Pistol Grip Lock Washer
•Pistol Grip Screw
•Pivot Pin
•Pivot Pin Detent
•Pivot Pin Detent Spring
•Selector
•Selector Detent
•Selector Detent Spring
•Takedown Pin
•Takedown Pin Detent
•Takedown Pin Detent Spring
•Trigger
•Trigger Guard
•Trigger Guard Roll Pin
•Trigger Pin
•Trigger Spring

David

·
Every day is.............
9,150 Posts

This 6-position assembly includes an aluminum extension tube, end plate, stock nut, buffer and buffer spring. This stock also features a built in sling mount. This stock does require the use of a spanner wrench for installation. Length of pull ranges from 7-1/4" collapsed to 11" fully extended.

Technical Information

•Buffer tubes come either as Mil-Spec or Commerical diameter. The Mil-Spec buffer tube is 1.148" in diameter while the Commercial buffer tube is 1.168" in diameter. The standard is Mil-Spec and Commercial stocks and buffer tubes are usually described as such.

David

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
I am gonna be in town this Wednesday and gone again on Sunday (14 day cruise then straight back to Iraq).

Friday afternoon/evening at my place would be great.

·
Lifer
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am gonna be in town this Wednesday and gone again on Sunday (14 day cruise then straight back to Iraq).

Friday afternoon/evening at my place would be great.
That should be doable. Do you have the spanner wrench and other needed tools?

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
That should be doable. Do you have the spanner wrench and other needed tools?
Got plenty of tools and at least one spanner wrench for the buffer tubes. I DO NOT have the special tools for upper assembly though. Maybe someone else can bring those if anyone needs.

I am turning my laptop over to IT tonight and heading to Baghdad. I will get back online when I get settled in there, God I hate the transient center there.

We may need to start another thread for a build party. I do not mind hosting as long as no one shows up thinking they can get trashed and break my stuff. I would hate to have to put two behind the ear.

·
Lifer
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got plenty of tools and at least one spanner wrench for the buffer tubes. I DO NOT have the special tools for upper assembly though. Maybe someone else can bring those if anyone needs.

I am turning my laptop over to IT tonight and heading to Baghdad. I will get back online when I get settled in there, God I hate the transient center there.

We may need to start another thread for a build party. I do not mind hosting as long as no one shows up thinking they can get trashed and break my stuff. I would hate to have to put two behind the ear.
This GTG doesn't have to involve alcohol. I know I won't be drinking because I have to drive home.

What area is your home located at?

·
Lifer
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just ordered two DPMS lower parts kits and two DPMS 6 position buttstock assemblies from Midway USA for $239.

That makes it come to about $139 (two stripped lowers) and $239 for the parts to complete them, so $378 for two complete lowers ($189 each).

That's not bad.

·
User may be editing post.
12,013 Posts
I just ordered two DPMS lower parts kits and two DPMS 6 position buttstock assemblies from Midway USA for $239.

That makes it come to about $139 (two stripped lowers) and $239 for the parts to complete them, so $378 for two complete lowers ($189 each).

That's not bad.
make sure you refinish the sear and hammer. They are garbage on stock DPMS kits.

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
This GTG doesn't have to involve alcohol. I know I won't be drinking because I have to drive home.

What area is your home located at?
I am in Haslet, less then 10 minutes north of Cheaper than dirt, up 35 to 287 off at bonds ranch rd

CJ can come polish the sears?? lol

·
Lifer
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
make sure you refinish the sear and hammer. They are garbage on stock DPMS kits.
You say that like you expect me to know exactly WTF you are talking about.

Please to explain....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts