DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any turbo tax users out there? I was wondering what you thought of it and which version you use. Decide I am not paying my C.P.A. $100.00 for my return this year! Anyone know which version i would need for:

Married with one kid
Homeowner with recent refinance
Single Income (me)

Thanks
Ryan

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,924 Posts
TurboTax Web.

I opt for the bells and whistles version for 29.95 over the standard of 19.95.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I use it with the e-file number. It's really easy. You'll only need the basic. Make sure you don't pay extra for the Deluxe or one that includes state. I've tried H&R and others and any extra they get me is usually less than their fee. It's different for some though.

·
11-05-09
21,427 Posts
Elapidae said:
I use it with the e-file number. It's really easy. You'll only need the basic. Make sure you don't pay extra for the Deluxe or one that includes state. I've tried H&R and others and any extra they get me is usually less than their fee. It's different for some though.
Where do you get the e-file number?

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
If you're single, no kids and just have W-2's, file by paper. It's cheaper and doesn't really take that much longer anyways.

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
it's a good program, and it will handle everything that you need to do. i'm using the premier, and i had to upgrade, since i have rental properties, and they're extremely slow about updates, such as form 8582, that still isn't available from them yet:mad:....but it doesn't sound like you'll have to deal with that, anyway...

brad

·
The Alpha Omega Frog
8,333 Posts
Does anyone know which one I would need to use. I have to claim my "real" job and my football "career". I definetly spent more money and gas than I made with Football. :p

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
Frogger said:
Does anyone know which one I would need to use. I have to claim my "real" job and my football "career". I definetly spent more money and gas than I made with Football. :p
you would either have to get the "deluxe" or "premier"... how does the football money work? do they give you a 1099?

brad

·
The Alpha Omega Frog
8,333 Posts
STANGGT40 said:
you would either have to get the "deluxe" or "premier"... how does the football money work? do they give you a 1099?

brad
I havent gotten my paperwork from them yet. I havent gotten my W-2 from Childrens yet either! Damn procrastinators! I want my tax break/refund!

I do need to figure out how to file the football stuff...am I like self employed or something..I wonder if I can deduct gas and other expenses like out of town games as business trips?

Taxes is some complicated mumbo jumbo for me!

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
Frogger said:
I havent gotten my paperwork from them yet. I havent gotten my W-2 from Childrens yet either! Damn procrastinators! I want my tax break/refund!

I do need to figure out how to file the football stuff...am I like self employed or something..I wonder if I can deduct gas and other expenses like out of town games as business trips?

Taxes is some complicated mumbo jumbo for me!
i'm sure that they'll give you a 1099, for any money that they've paid you. did they take taxes out of your pay, or did they just write you a check for the full amount? you can deduct any expenses associated with your football career...

brad

·
The Alpha Omega Frog
8,333 Posts
STANGGT40 said:
i'm sure that they'll give you a 1099, for any money that they've paid you. did they take taxes out of your pay, or did they just write you a check for the full amount? you can deduct any expenses associated with your football career...

brad
They gave me the full amount without taking out any taxes. Thats great about deducting my expenses. I saved all my receipts and such. That means my trip to Miami was totally free. :D

Thanks for the help Brad. You made my day. ;)

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,924 Posts
Frogger said:
They gave me the full amount without taking out any taxes. Thats great about deducting my expenses. I saved all my receipts and such. That means my trip to Miami was totally free. :D

Thanks for the help Brad. You made my day. ;)
Well... not free, but some percentage less than full price.

·
Married Man on 14Feb2010
14,140 Posts
01WhiteCobra said:
TurboTax Web.

I opt for the bells and whistles version for 29.95 over the standard of 19.95.
Me too. Who cares what it cost, I itemize and write it off the next year's taxes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts