·
Bitter Italian
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
Wario said:
This is kinda the info I was looking for. I know nothing about turbos and what mm would be best for this car.

http://www.proturbokits.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=121

This is what I'm looking at but I dont know that I can make myself drop 7 large on a turbo when the car already has boost.
well, it ain't cheap, and I'm not a huge fan of PTK, but you'd be hard pressed to replicate it for less than $4-5k, and it'll take a fair amount of time/hassle hunting down all the parts and actually having the work done.

they're obviously making some money off the setup, but if you walked up to me with $6,500 and said, "replicate this exactly", I'd probably turn it down.

Forrest

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
damn that kit looks like fun! if i had a 2003/2004 cobra, i would be on that! i'm sure that manny/jeremy have something similar, too! i think that they've already done a turbo '03/'04 cobra, if i'm not mistaken.

brad

·
Bitter Italian
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cooter said:
well, it ain't cheap, and I'm not a huge fan of PTK, but you'd be hard pressed to replicate it for less than $4-5k, and it'll take a fair amount of time/hassle hunting down all the parts and actually having the work done.

they're obviously making some money off the setup, but if you walked up to me with $6,500 and said, "replicate this exactly", I'd probably turn it down.

Forrest

I just can see my cheep ass dropping that kind of coin. Time to look at other options.

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,822 Posts
Wario said:
I just can see my cheep ass dropping that kind of coin. Time to look at other options.
Keep in mind you can sell the eaton to offset the costs and you will also need to buy an NA cobra intake, throttle body and complete setup with EGR, hoses, harness, relocate alternator, front accessory changes, etc......

Your best bet is to sell the eaton and buy a Kenne Bell. you can go upwards of 750hp with that kit and 24lbs of boost.

Good luck.

·
Bitter Italian
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
aggie97 said:
Keep in mind you can sell the eaton to offset the costs and you will also need to buy an NA cobra intake, throttle body and complete setup with EGR, hoses, harness, relocate alternator, front accessory changes, etc......

Your best bet is to sell the eaton and buy a Kenne Bell. you can go upwards of 750hp with that kit and 24lbs of boost.

Good luck.

Two things:
The stock eaton will only net you 500 to 600 bucks.
I would want to keep all parts to return the car back to stock.

·
KEK
4,617 Posts
5.0 Magazine March '04:
X2C Motorsports Turbo '03 Cobra.
Custom Sheetmetal intake
Single T-76 Innovative turbo
Accufab TB
Twin 255 in-tank pumps
72# injectors
MSD DIS-4
Diablo Chip
x2C Modified Tremec TKO
17 psi = 737 HP and 719 TQ to the wheels.
10.30's @ 140MPH

·
World Record Holder!
12,383 Posts
f0ur sixer said:
5.0 Magazine March '04:
X2C Motorsports Turbo '03 Cobra.
Custom Sheetmetal intake
Single T-76 Innovative turbo
Accufab TB
Twin 255 in-tank pumps
72# injectors
MSD DIS-4
Diablo Chip
x2C Modified Tremec TKO
17 psi = 737 HP and 719 TQ to the wheels.
10.30's @ 140MPH
That bitch would sound wicked spooling up to!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts