DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody? This seems to be a pretty common turbo with the single kits, so I figured someone would have a map.

How about just telling me what you recommend for a 15 psi single turbo setup on a street driven, 9.2:1 302 with "out of the box" heads, intake, etc. that will never see more than 6k rpm. I've been comparing the 60-1, 62-1, T-61, and T-64. I'm kind of leaning towards the T-61, but I'm definitely no expert on turbo selection.

·
Registered
507 Posts
How about just telling me what you recommend for a 15 psi single turbo setup on a street driven, 9.2:1 302 with "out of the box" heads, intake, etc. that will never see more than 6k rpm. I've been comparing the 60-1, 62-1, T-61, and T-64. I'm kind of leaning towards the T-61, but I'm definitely no expert on turbo selection

If you keep it under 6000RPM the 60-1 looks pretty good on my compressor wheel software, over that start thinking about a T-66.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
turbodave said:
there isn't any t-44 wheel that I know of. thats probably the model or type of turbo. like for instance a PTE TA-49 has a 60-1 comp wheel and a stage 3 turbine. the TA-49 is just the model name
Yeah, that is the model, but I don't know which compressor wheel it uses, or if it has its own. Alot of kits use it, so I just want to see how it compares to the others.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
turbodave said:
If you keep it under 6000RPM the 60-1 looks pretty good on my compressor wheel software, over that start thinking about a T-66.
What software are you using? Does it also cover turbine selection? Any recommendations on turbine wheel trim or housing A/R?

·
World Record Holder!
11,061 Posts
A 60-1 or 60-1 HiFi with a .69 exhaust housing would work good. The .69 would spool fast but would probably be done before 5500. A .81 exhaust housing would run to 6000 but would raise the boost RPM 500-600 RPM higher. Check out the PT51-PT54 on Precision Turbo. The best answer as to which turbo you need can be had by calling PTE and talking to Patrick or Harry. Get your combo figured out first and then give them a call.

·
oh really?
1,399 Posts
i got a 60-1 for mine. i'm in grapevine and i've never seen your car. i'm putting my turbo car back together slowly but surely.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys.

Mind,

The car doesn't leave my garage much right now, except to do laps around my apartment complex to keep all the moving parts lubed. Where in Grapevine are you? I would like to see your turbo setup sometime.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.