DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a truck i really like today, 03 F250 loaded CC 4x4 powerstroke but it has 100k miles on it. Truck is really clean, no issues, but it does have 6 figures on the odometer. Do you think thats a big issue? Or big enough that you wouldnt buy it?

·
Opulance. I has it.
13,034 Posts
i would have to say if the price is right, i would get it even though the mileage is pretty high

·
Registered
528 Posts
not on a diesel, its just now breaking in and the warranty just ran out on the motor. see if the dealer will write you a extended warranty without getting raped. Also if you plan on keeping this for the full term and can get a hell of a deal on the price then go for it. just make sure everything is in tip-top shape.

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
I bought my last two trucks showing over 200k on the odometer and didn't bat an eye.

you say it's got "no issues", but I'd like to point out one glaring issue... the 6.0 under the hood!!!

a 7.3 with 100k on it? no sweat... a Cummins with 200k on it? no sweat...

a 6.0 that's out of warranty? SWEAT!!! :(

Forrest

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cooter said:
I bought my last two trucks showing over 200k on the odometer and didn't bat an eye.

you say it's got "no issues", but I'd like to point out one glaring issue... the 6.0 under the hood!!!

a 7.3 with 100k on it? no sweat... a Cummins with 200k on it? no sweat...

a 6.0 that's out of warranty? SWEAT!!! :(

Forrest

haha, LMAO.......here is hte truck........

asking $25,000

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good_Ole_Red said:
I would definately find out the history of the vehicle. Especially being an early 6.0.

well, its at a dealership in BFE, Oklahoma and the salesman said he personally knows the old owner. It's a 1 owner truck, guy that had it buys a new one every two years, he is a traveling salesman for some tobacco company and drives all over the state every week. Said i could have the old owners phone number if id like to ask him any other questions if I wanted to.......

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
buddy of mine is picking up an '02 (7.3) CC/SB Platinum w/ 75k that is in BEAUTIFUL condition for $20k (but he's friends w/ the manager of the dealership... otherwise it would be $26k)

bottom line, if I was going to spend $25k on a Ford, it'd be a lower mile 7.3!!

but if I was going to spend $25k on a truck, I'd scrape together $4k more and buy a BRAND NEW Cummins!

never understood that one... :confused:

·
Premium Member
14,194 Posts
Cooter said:
buddy of mine is picking up an '02 (7.3) CC/SB Platinum w/ 75k that is in BEAUTIFUL condition for $20k (but he's friends w/ the manager of the dealership... otherwise it would be $26k)

but if I was going to spend $25k on a truck, I'd scrape together $4k more and buy a BRAND NEW Cummins!

I'm with you on that one.

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
POS engine with 100k miles on it and no warranty for $25k

or, brand new Cummins with 100k mile warranty for under $30k

seems like a pretty simple choice to me...

Forrest

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cooter said:

well, here is my thinking on that one. If i can stay at or below $25k, it will allow me to get a Z06, but if I spend upwards of $35k, that will increase the payment per month a good bit more, and might force me to choose to pick one or the other, when id like to have both. Havent really made up my mind yet, still debating........I mean, i dont NEED a new vehicle, it would be nice, but just trying to justify the $10k-ish extra when in reality i dont haul too too much anymore, maybe my motorcycle from time to time and pull some wood in the winter.........

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
buy a CLEAN 98.4 12 valve Cummins for ~$14-17k and have a far superior truck than either the Powerstroke OR the brand new Cummins! :D

Forrest

·
Merry HoHo
32,791 Posts
my truck had 130k on it, but it is a lowly 300 inline six, and i only paid 3500 for it.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cooter said:
POS engine with 100k miles on it and no warranty for $25k

or, brand new Cummins with 100k mile warranty for under $30k

seems like a pretty simple choice to me...

Forrest

yea, true.......ive got a call into the guy at Bonham, i shot him an offer of $32k for a loaded 05 a month ago and he wouldnt return my calls......see if he has changed his mind at all or is willing to negotiate now.........

·
Boost is Life
4,327 Posts
Just have someone run a Ford OASIS report and see what the truck has been in the shop for. It could be a perfectly good truck. Don't let the 6.0 terrors scare you away if it's what you really want. Don't forget there is more to a truck then just the engine. If the motor is sound from the service history, then go check it out, and if it still looks good go for it. Truck looks clean to me. Probably smoked in though. :(

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want a diesel so bad because they are just kickass over a gas truck. After you own one you will understand, I never should have sold my 02 7.3 F350 in the first place........

1 - 20 of 24 Posts