DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I liked him before this year. He may be a stronger back than Emmitt, but on a 3-7 team with a weak QB, I'll take a 33 year old Emmitt Smith over a 26 year old Troy Hambrick any day of the week. He keeps running his mouth about how Emmitt should go ahead and step aside for him, but Emmitt is averaging right there at his career average, he just isn't getting the carries. Hambrick isn't that great a back anyways. He has a good average, but I'd put down money that if he is here when Emmitt steps down and he gets the main workload, he won't keep his high average.

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
The cowboys should get another back . Hate to say it but Emmit is done and Hambrick is 26yrs old not much left on the clock for him. Guess he learned from his bro D- ham. Another loud mouth who's mouth is greater than their on the field skills.

·
I drive a fookin Honda
5,585 Posts
Yeah, Troy Hambrick isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Shit, he pretty much called out the defense for giving up an 80 yd. drive in the last game when the offense put up a whopping 3 PTS!!! :rolleyes: He IS NOT the back of the future for this club.

·
Small Fry
10,287 Posts
I agree, what he they are treating Emmit with total disrespect. He runs his ass of to break the record which gives the Cowboys some good press, and then they just bench his ass (basically). That's bullshit.

·
I drive a fookin Honda
5,585 Posts
breadfan35 said:
I agree, what he they are treating Emmit with total disrespect. He runs his ass of to break the record which gives the Cowboys some good press, and then they just bench his ass (basically). That's bullshit.
Well, they're trying to evaluate Hambrick as a running back and that is understandable. Emmit will not be on this team next year unless he takes a substanial pay-cut. Even then, it is very debatable if they want to keep him as a feature back.

·
Out
41,944 Posts
breadfan35 said:
He didn't break the record to give the Cowboys good press... He did it all for himself!

If he wasn't even close to breaking the record, he would have retired last year like he should have anyway. Both backs aren't worth anything. They need to take some of Larry Allen's $13+ million dollar a year contract and go find them someone to run!

·
turn it!
8,260 Posts
Denny said:
He didn't break the record to give the Cowboys good press... He did it all for himself!

If he wasn't even close to breaking the record, he would have retired last year like he should have anyway. Both backs aren't worth anything. They need to take some of Larry Allen's $13+ million dollar a year contract and go find them someone to run!
THey won't be shit untill they get rid of that crypt keeper of an owner.[Jerry Jones]I know everything about football, I'm rich![Jerry Jones]

·
I drive a fookin Honda
5,585 Posts
dragradialstang said:
THey won't be shit untill they get rid of that crypt keeper of an owner.[Jerry Jones]I know everything about football, I'm rich![Jerry Jones]
Hell will freeze over before JJ hires a GM to do the job correctly. Jerry has made us all realize just how important it is to have 3 diff. people filling 3 diff. job positions.

1. Owner
2. GM
3. Coach

·
Time Served
3,413 Posts
dragradialstang said:
That's the funny thing about football. When the cowboys were winnning in the 90's nobody said anything about Jerry Jones. Now that they are losing everybody is blaming him.

I think an attitude adjustment would help. You don't see any of the Mavericks bitching I'm gonna shoot this many blah, blah, blah.

But the Mavericks are winning so that might have a little to do with it. Even with them losing you still won't see the big 3 say anything negative about their team and the Cowboys need to take this approach as well. Anybody has a problem with this team they can go play somewhere else. Win or lose they are still <b>the Dallas Cowboys</b>.

·
I drive a fookin Honda
5,585 Posts
outatime said:
That's the funny thing about football. When the cowboys were winnning in the 90's nobody said anything about Jerry Jones. Now that they are losing everybody is blaming him.

I think an attitude adjustment would help. You don't see any of the Mavericks bitching I'm gonna shoot this many blah, blah, blah.
JJ had done all this to himself. B/C he appointed himself as the GM of the team, all the bad personnel decisions are on him and HIS fault. He has only himself to blame. If he can figure out how to make this franchise a winner again....then he will get credit. But until then.....

G

·
Jesus, everyone knows that Emmitt needs to sit down, and let Hambrick play. The reason Hambrick isn't getting as many yards as Emmitt, is because he isn't carrying the ball as many times as him.

Emmitt's done, has been done for a couple of years. And now that he has his record, he should just sit down, on his own, and let Hambrick be the main back. There is no reason for Emmitt to keep playing this season, it isn't like they have a chance in hell at the playoffs. Take some time off, rest the rest of the season, and then retire.

I think it took a lot of balls to say what Hambrick did, and everyone can get pissed at him, but it's the damn truth...

·
Premium Member
2,187 Posts
Id rather have hambrick running then emmitt. Emmitt is the past, not the future. If you want them to turn shit around start thinking what is best for the team and not what makes yah happy.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
They should have told Emmit that the are going to be cutting down his carries, that said, tell his ass and get hambrick and wiley the ball, I love emmitt but he is old and I dont think he runs hard all the time, he tore it up to get the record and has not done shit in any other game. True Hambrick is a dumbass but he is the better back so they should get him the ball and I dont know why Wiley doesnt get more playing time, he has some speed. And people should get off the "They will never be good until Jerry is gone" cuz he is going nowhere

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not denying that Emmitt is done, but even now I'd have him in there for a full game as opposed to Hambrick. Hambrick is a distraction and I doubt he is capable of being an effective every down back. Him and Wiley both hve play-making abilities, but don't look to be good enuogh to play game in and game out with 20 carries a game.

G

·
Lets see average run 2.8 vs. 4.2 with the same line. The line isnt the problem if he can get 2 yrds more per carry. Retire already before he goes further into shame. Remember its a damn sport he made his money so who cares go be a millionaire for working 13 years of your life and quit crying.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Emmitt doesn't play because of his money. He's set for life with cash. He loves to play and as long as someone want him to play, I say go for it. This season Emmitt isn't far off of his career rushing average WITH this match-and-make line the 'Boys have had this season.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts