DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me what 5-speed trannsmission went on the 1987 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer, with a 2.8l V6? just wondering

· Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a t5? ok, so is that good or bad? i mean for racing and such. needing to know if i could use it when i do a v8 conversion, sort just had it replaced back in august, hate to have to buy another tanny. any info on this tranny would be nice. thanks

· Premium Member
14,943 Posts
you could use it, but youd have to get another bellhousing, the 2.8 is a 60 degree v6, unlike the 4.3/ chevy small block. it probably wouldnt be worth messing with unless you HAVE to have a 5 speed, it isnt all that strong, camaro guys tear them apart pretty bad.
put an ad in the paper so you could get some of that investment back. and put it towards a good th350/400

adam
[email protected]

· Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info. yeah, the fact that i jsut invested so much into the tranny was the main reason why i wanted to kepp it. never want to waste something that i can use. anyways, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.