DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
DFWS
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are lots of photos of the car and the carnage also see the attachment pics on page one

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/432461/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

A man purchased a pristine 1969 Camaro Pace Car at the massive Turkey Rod Run that is held in Daytona, Florida. While towing it home he had an accident and slid the truck and trailer down a 65 foot ravine. It did not end well for either the car or the truck.

·
T-MINUS
28,539 Posts
I know the ball broke, but it looks like the result of someone that hasn't really towed much.

·
Thats against the law Man
6,482 Posts
Hard to judge the guy towing without being there or knowing all of the facts. However, just the assumption that it isn't his fault "Because he has towed for 20 years" out of that post isn't necessarily accurate. I know some guys just like that (towing for many years) that are living on borrowed time....seems the longer they tow without incident the more confident they become, and the over confidence eventually brings a bit of recklessness with it.

From looking at this one I'm betting that guy was hauling ass and was caught off gaurd by slowed/stopped traffic, and he panicked.

I'm not buying the bit about the ball breaking off just from trying to swerve around another car.....that ball snapped as a result of the impact.

·
Aspiring Bean Counter.
12,279 Posts
Why couldn't it have been one of those awful, gaudy pro-touring Camaros? It's a shame to see a pace car get ruined.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Not that bad......That shit will buff out!!!!

·
makin' bacon
5,752 Posts
At least it wasn't a mustang. :)

Stevo

·
Thats against the law Man
6,482 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts