DFW Mustang Forums banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
User may be editing post.
12,013 Posts
So what are you saying?

Your not allowed to protect your own property on public property?

Uh sorry man, that's, B.S. plane and simple, or I would be in jail right now for attacking a cop (in plain clothing) jacking with my truck in an apartment complex 18 years ago.
You do not have the same rights as you do on your own personal property, you need to do some research. Sounds like you're pretty proud of attacking a cop though.

·
$uper $low
5,782 Posts
The tow truck drivers know they have a shady ass job.
Why aren't they ever at apartment complexes trying to tow shit during the day? Oh, that's right, people aren't as easily robbed of their vehicle that might have a tire on the line.

·
Worship me
34,345 Posts
Ripping people off is not a job.

·
Registered
310 Posts
most tow truck drivers are crooks....especially repo, non consent tow, and abandoned vehicle enforcers

·
Registered
795 Posts
The tow truck drivers know they have a shady ass job.
Why aren't they ever at apartment complexes trying to tow shit during the day? Oh, that's right, people aren't as easily robbed of their vehicle that might have a tire on the line.

how do you figure they dont do it in the daytime? tow aways is a 24 hr a day job, when i did repos i worked 7 days a week 365 days a year most days worked 16 to 20 hrs a day, how are repo men crooks? cause they are hired to recover property that a bank loans thousands of dollars on and people decide they dont have to pay for it,

i have had cars repoed from me and i have no sympathy for dead beats that expect to keep what they dont pay for, fuckem

·
User may be editing post.
12,013 Posts
how do you figure they dont do it in the daytime? tow aways is a 24 hr a day job, when i did repos i worked 7 days a week 365 days a year most days worked 16 to 20 hrs a day, how are repo men crooks? cause they are hired to recover property that a bank loans thousands of dollars on and people decide they dont have to pay for it,

i have had cars repoed from me and i have no sympathy for dead beats that expect to keep what they dont pay for, fuckem
I repo cars daily, I don't drive the trucks, but I dispatch them to get my collateral. Understanding the law on repossessing vehicles is a very important thing. Repo guys are in my opinion the most noble of all recovery agents. Some of them are real fucking crooks (trust me, I'd had my share), but most are honest and hard workers. That is not a very easy job at all, and it's dangerous.

·
Registered
562 Posts
lesson learned, buy a flatbed and install bulletproof windows

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
19,065 Posts
Not if it's on public property. I deal with this little caveat on a daily basis with repossessing vehicles.
thats very interesting. I will have to talk to a guy at my work who is a cop. Im just not understanding how defending your property on public property is any different. So if someone is stealing stuff out of my car in a parking lot... a CHL cannot defend his property and shoot his ass?

·
drvng fstr thn u w/1 hand
2,755 Posts
Rookie. He should have known that the truck was too heavy. There is no reason that should have taken more than a minute... worse case. could have easily jumped out and put it neutral via removing the trans linkage.
Notice this guy hasn't chimed back in.... Sig check on him

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OlLC1Iy1UkE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OlLC1Iy1UkE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Looks like a car thief to me.
yeah because all car thiefs install 4 cameras to record themselves stealing the cars?? :crackhead:

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
i don't care for tow truck drivers but at the same time i get a kick out of watching that show about the reposseion business (i forget the name). People are so stupid to get mad because the car they haven't made payments on, is getting repo'd.

my boss down here, used to be a repo man in atlanta.. his business cards said

" Helping people get back on their feet"...LMAO

·
Narcissistic fade away
17,504 Posts
cameras dont prove you have the legal right to take someones personal property
They do if you aren't paying for it in the first place! ;)

Seriously, if they aren't paying for their vehicles in the first place, the bank has just as much right to take it back - don't they?

And as far as them not knowing, they DO know - they get the 30, 60, and 90 day delinquent notices that SAYS, "pay for your shit!"

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
19,065 Posts
They do if you aren't paying for it in the first place! ;)

Seriously, if they aren't paying for their vehicles in the first place, the bank has just as much right to take it back - don't they?

And as far as them not knowing, they DO know - they get the 30, 60, and 90 day delinquent notices that SAYS, "pay for your shit!"
Im with ya Brooks... If you cant pay for your shit that you have a loan on...its not yours. Im just saying that a tow truck with cameras and lights doesnt mean he is legally towing your vehicle. They dont prove crap. Unless you have some type of legal paperwork on why you are taking my vehicle...Im gonna pop a cap in yo ass...fooo!!!

In this video..you dont know if its a repo, illegal tow, parking tow, etc... just some guy trying to be sneaky and snatch a truck. If it was a legit repo, then the shooter should go to jail. If this was some BS towing, fuck the tow truck guy.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts