DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
16,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap! This guy needs some hazard pay!

"Red Light Wrecker tow truck driver Edward Wiley encountered a shooting during his shift, when attempting to tow an illegally parked Ford truck from an apartment complex in Southwest Houston.

In the midst of Wiley trying to load the vehicle onto the wrecker, the vehicle owner and his friends angrily came to the scene. After confrontation between Wiley and the vehicle owner occurred, the owner got upset and immediately pulled out a gun and started firing. The driver shot at Wiley 4 times; the bullets went through the tow truck cab and into the drivers seat but were stopped by a small steel crossbar in the seat, saving Wiley from getting hit. The entire scene was captured by Safety Visions RouteRecorder 4C mobile digital video recorder (MDVR), SV-620A rear-vision color cameras, and the SV-CLCD-70B rear-vision monitor."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pJM1JqSS6c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pJM1JqSS6c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Still Slow
2,594 Posts
damn that wheel lift is screaming for it's life lifting up that heavy ass ford truck from the front

·
Registered
257 Posts
Damn thats one lucky SOB. Im sure that was a serious butt pucker moment

·
&#9827; L.B.C.C. &#9827;
4,586 Posts
Shit like that happens all the time. Especially in south(western) Houston.

I'd have a love/hate relationship with a job like that.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
damn that wheel lift is screaming for it's life lifting up that heavy ass ford truck from the front
Rookie. He should have known that the truck was too heavy. There is no reason that should have taken more than a minute... worse case. could have easily jumped out and put it neutral via removing the trans linkage.

·
Premium Member
29,396 Posts
I cant stand Houston tow truck drivers. They haul ass in downtown blowing lights and swerving all over. Fuck them all.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah Ive never been a tow truck driver or something but it sure seemed to be taking him an awful long time to get that thing up

·
Banned
6,645 Posts
I lived in Houston for 2 years and those tow truck guys are insane assholes. Friend of mine got his truck towed because he was "unevenly parked within the yellow lines". According to Houston police there's nothing you can do about it accept pay the tow bill to get your vehicle back.

·
Thats against the law Man
6,482 Posts
Serves that dirtbag right....his job is nothing more than a car thief with a license.

·
&#32769;&#24072;
12,120 Posts
My car got towed in Chicago while it was in a "snow zone." There was no snow on the ground. And they towed it 10 minutes before the restricted times began. I know because I was out there 5 minutes before the time to move my car, and the doorman said they towed all the cars on the street 5 minutes ago. Took me almost $1000 to get it registered/insured in illinois before they would give it back. Tow-truck drivers get no sympathy from me.

·
3,453 Posts
needs to find another profession, if it takes him that long to pick up a car or truck.
he should have been hooked and gone.

·
&#32769;&#24072;
12,120 Posts
If it wasn't parked illegally, would the owner have any legal grounds to be shooting at him? I mean, it WOULD technically be stealing his car.

·
FIRE!
2,028 Posts
If it wasn't parked illegally, would the owner have any legal grounds to be shooting at him? I mean, it WOULD technically be stealing his car.

That's an interesting question. I wouldn't give someone the chance to hook up to my car. And if they did they better be prepared.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts