DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
insert something aqui
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not much of a car problem but never the less a car problem

i bought my mustang recently and i have the title but the guy who had it before me never changed it to his name, but he did sign the back of the title so now that i went to get it changed to my name they want that guy to first get it under his name and then transfer it to mine, so they want him to get insurance first

is there another way around this

·
Ya Dats my Wifey!!!
5,806 Posts
yeah what whiteboy said!

·
UFO Club Member
1,527 Posts
junior said:
not much of a car problem but never the less a car problem

i bought my mustang recently and i have the title but the guy who had it before me never changed it to his name, but he did sign the back of the title so now that i went to get it changed to my name they want that guy to first get it under his name and then transfer it to mine, so they want him to get insurance first

is there another way around this

Is that on your white 91 that you got about 2 months ago?

that sucks man

·
VTEC not VTECH
1,002 Posts
Thats sux... I was in the same situation. You have to try to contact the original owner on the tittle and get a power of attorny, a title of sale from the person you bought it from, a picture of the car, trace or picture of the vin, and turn it in and get it defered so you can get the title in you name. Go to the tittle transfer office/ registration office and get a packet it will tell you what to do.

·
Registered
334 Posts
couldn't u say u bought it from the person the title name is in

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
yes if you say you bought it from the person the title is registered to you need an affidavid of fact saying just that, the state want tax from as many peolpe as they can!

·
Registered
334 Posts
ok i bougt a stang to drive while mine was apart almost got it back together and going to sell it know are u say i have to get the title in my name? what does blue title mean

·
insert something aqui
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dentguru said:
ok i bougt a stang to drive while mine was apart almost got it back together and going to sell it know are u say i have to get the title in my name? what does blue title mean

yup,

i dont want to pay the owner no cash
but i guess i will have to get what whiteboy said

·
Registered
0 Posts
thats all u have to do is say u bought it from the other owner and say u bought it for like 150 bucks, sign your name under theres on the title, put the date and ur address then fill out the file, and do the same thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts