DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to eat and the car was driving perfect, and an hr of sitting i come out and start it and its idling weird, and i go to drive it and its just bogging out, its not accelarating right, and so now i cant get the car timed right, adn im ussing a good timing gun and ideas?

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
You're using a timing gun on a '97? :confused:

·
Rebuilding
2,802 Posts
What makes you think the timing changed from the car sitting for an hour :confused: I'd start off by looking at TFI/dist cap/rotor/plug wires/plugs/coil, vacuum hoses off, check sensors for proper operation (TPS, MAF, ect...), fuel pressure in correct range(could be fpr or fuel pump), check for error codes.

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
Sonic Blue 2V said:
What makes you think the timing changed from the car sitting for an hour :confused: I'd start off by looking at TFI/dist cap/rotor/plug wires/plugs/coil, vacuum hoses off, check sensors for proper operation (TPS, MAF, ect...), fuel pressure in correct range(could be fpr or fuel pump), check for error codes.

sounds good to me :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
?:?????

ive got no lights on, no vac leaks, i took the distributor out and it looks find, adn it seems like i still cant get it timed right, or timed how it used to be

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ttt

would this make it have trouble at start up, cause it seems to have trouble starting up, im thinking of just buying a short block, cause i think my rings are burnt up

·
Registered
883 Posts
sounds like plan.... pm thpan for a good deal...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts