DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
UFO Club Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ticket for no License Plate DISMISSED!!!

I was driving home from North Texas when I saw the black Northlake camaro on the side of the road. Not speeding or doing anything wrong I drove by. WEll I catch lights in my rear-view mirror and he is pulling me over!!! :confused:

He asked me why I didn't have my front license plate on and I honestly told him I took it off when I waxed my car late last week and forgot to put it back on. I even had the plate in the trunk with the screws and told him.

He walks off and comes back with a citation...not a warning or hey try to remember but a ticket. From what I understand thats a 150 dollar ticket :eek:

I am about to go put my license plate on the car and drive up there after school Thursday to the courthouse. Anyone know if they will dismiss it? I had a friend in Arlington get his dismissed, it was honestly a mistake, it's not like I was lying to him.

EDITED>>>>>
Went to the municipal court/police house in Northlake today...

DISMISSED BABY>>> WOOOWHOOOOO!!!!!

·
Eagles>Cowboys
3,405 Posts
I got one back in the day, I put the plate back on my Cobra with tape, took some photos to court and got it dismissed. Then took it back off in the court parking lot and drove home. That is just a lame excuse they use to pull people over and check their backround basically.

·
UFO Club Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope thats how it runs down, man Mike talk about ruin a good day!! It's bad enough I'm still in school!!

·
you cant see me
15,960 Posts
that cop is a dickhead, he is like one of the motorcycle cops.. if he bothers to pull you over, he will go down the list and write you up for everything. plus he brags about how fast his car is, he is like davidZ28 with a badge

·
Old Timer
4,027 Posts
Just HOPE he didn't take a picture of the front of your car. Some cops have been doing that lately and screwing people over. (You cant show your picture because he has one without a front plate with his cop car behind yours) Remember the law states you MUST have it on at all times.

·
Hood Approved.
3,359 Posts
Highly doubt they'll dismiss it. You admitted to taking it off too so you're probably stuck paying it. The ticket is usually around 100 dollars.

·
UFO Club Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the plate back on now, no he didnt take a picture. Anyone know anything about Northlake and if they are really strict on stuff besides speeding tickets and such??

·
Blue5spd's a titty baby
13,472 Posts
I'm glad that officer is working to make the streets safer. I saw someone driving down my street without a front plate, and I was outraged.

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
mikecobra95 said:
I got one back in the day, I put the plate back on my Cobra with tape, took some photos to court and got it dismissed.

just do what he did... put it back on and take pics of proof that you have a front license plate... then take pics to courts
in dallas i had to go to court ... i took pics of it and said it was a mistake and i have put it back on.... the dismissed it

·
you cant see me
15,960 Posts
must"have"ang said:
I have the plate back on now, no he didnt take a picture. Anyone know anything about Northlake and if they are really strict on stuff besides speeding tickets and such??
bwahahahaha!!!!!!!

did you not read my post? those fuckers thrive on the business they got from I35 you should see them all camped out there after a nascar event.

·
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
14,997 Posts
My car doesn't have holes or a mount for a license plate, so they can bite me.

·
UFO Club Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
slo95.0 said:
bwahahahaha!!!!!!!

did you not read my post? those fuckers thrive on the business they got from I35 you should see them all camped out there after a nascar event.

Yeah dude I read your post. I was just wondering like people who had gotten tickets for stupid stuff and had gone down to the Courthouse in Northlake and what the judge said. I am definetly going to take pictures and go up there tomorrow or Thursday, I just was hoping to catch someone else who has dealt with Northlake and gotten a citation and if there is any ease at the courthouse on cutting people a break.

·
you cant see me
15,960 Posts
must"have"ang said:
Yeah dude I read your post. I was just wondering like people who had gotten tickets for stupid stuff and had gone down to the Courthouse in Northlake and what the judge said. I am definetly going to take pictures and go up there tomorrow or Thursday, I just was hoping to catch someone else who has dealt with Northlake and gotten a citation and if there is any ease at the courthouse on cutting people a break.
i didnt, but i was in the car when my friend did. he got reamed for all kinds of lil BS stuff, 4 citations, the worst being 4mph over the speed limit. none of it got dismissed, i believe he is still on probation too, and thats all his lawyer got him.. have fun

·
Registered
446 Posts
slo95.0 said:
that cop is a dickhead, he is like one of the motorcycle cops.. if he bothers to pull you over, he will go down the list and write you up for everything. plus he brags about how fast his car is, he is like davidZ28 with a badge
I live in Westlake and see him at the Chili's restaurant all the time, and I got that first impression of him being a real dick head cop, and that was before I noticed he drive's a camaro. lol

·
Ya Dats my Wifey!!!
5,806 Posts
cool cat said:
I'm glad that officer is working to make the streets safer. I saw someone driving down my street without a front plate, and I was outraged.
lmfao!!!! sorry but I have had 4 or 5 no front plate tickets and have never got one dismissed. :mad: (AND I STILL AINT GOT ONE) :D

·
Procrastination Racing
9,224 Posts
91rednotch said:
and late model Vette's are excused from this law????

I have never seen a Vette with a front plate.
Very few vettes and 4th gen firebirds run front tags.

·
Premium Member
29,396 Posts
I had mine dismissed in Arlington several years ago. The kicker was, I got it at a DWI Checkpoint on Green Oaks. The cop went around my car with a flashlight and fine toothed comb to find something. :rolleyes: Although the DA wasnt going to dismiss it, the judge ended up being cool as shit and said fuck it. No court costs, no nothing. Cool ass judge. That DA was a fucking cunt.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts