DFW 'Stang Forums banner

Will this be reliable as a daily?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I need a new daily so I can finish out my Mustang. I found a great deal on a 00' WS6 but I dont know if it would handle good being a daily. The most I ever realy drive in one day is 40-50 miles round trip. I would probly drive the car 5 days out of the week.

How reliable would this car be?
This is what it has done to it.

Mods: Direct Flo Lid, S2 Throttle Body, Ceramic Coated Hooker Race Headers, 3" Lanes duals with Dr. Gas X-pipe and 12" bullets dumped , !EGR, !AIR, Comp Cams XER 228/234 .588/.599 112+2, Tuned by Chris R

Has a Brand new TH400 Tranny in it with a 4000 stall. The car is saspose to be pushing over 400+ HP. Has 36K miles on the car.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Jarret

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it is, what do you know about the car?

·
Registered
31 Posts
if you take it on the freewya alot you can kiss the gas mileage goodbye. I read on ls2.com that with 3.23's it will be turning in excess of 3500 rpm at 70 mph. I know my 700r4 turns approx 3500 at 70 when I leave it in drive

·
4 STAGES BIG N' DRY
7,159 Posts
A chris R tune is enough for me to say hell no. A chris r tune plus a T 400 with a 4 k stall, say's 5 miles to the gallon to me. You need a car yto get you were you need to go so you can fix the stang, buy a beater. It's going to do you 10x better then a ragged out ws6. I promise you will be buying someone else's problem.

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
Hey man when you asked me about mine I thought you were talking about a 6spd car.

With a Th400/big convertor/healty cam that car wont get SHIT for gas milage.
If it had been a 6spd car, or if you can put it back(he had it posted on here befroe and it was a 6spd car before he convertered it), then you might be ok, but how it is now, 10-12mpg at best 8-10 is more likely if you drive it highway.

All depends though, JOHN used to get some decent(decent for a PG) mpg with a damn PG in the wagon, didnt have a big cam, but still a 2spd tranny . :confused: :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts