DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Narcissistic fade away
Joined
·
17,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cruise was a huge success I must say - I met many new board members. I got a few pictures I will post up later. The track was great later in the day - it took a few passes to get the hook going.. but it certainly came around.
Slowbrick's car made some serious headway in the 60' department with a 1.34 and a best of a [email protected] I believe. Truestreet5.8 was the Quick8 winner going up against UNC for the win. The reaction times were .044/.048 I believe - a close race at the end !!!
How was everyone elses results????
 

·
IA2
Joined
·
22,413 Posts
It appears that a lot of people got a new best, myself included :)

Thanks for all of the hard work Brooks and everyone else that helped pull this together :cool:
 

·
PVC Racing
Joined
·
9,779 Posts
that was a damn good race between UNC and truestreet, I wish I had go that one on video.
I got some pics to and I will post them up, I got one pretty good of Josh's car launching.
 

·
you cant see me
Joined
·
15,960 Posts
dan03mach said:
I saw alot a great runs today and some very nice cars... To bad my tranny had to take a crap on me last week out there doing some TNT on my new tires.. I really wanted to race out there.. There were fast MOFO's out there thats all I got to say..

Dan
yeah too bad, i cant wait till you and bill race so i dont have to hear you guys bitching anymore
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,772 Posts
What a day!

Meet a few guys today, Bill, Big John, Manny, and a few other I'm not to good with names. Want to thank Bill, Lane, John, etc....for the driving tips. My reaction time improved bigtime . Time slips!!!!

Big John driving (first time in the car) vs. Carless Chris on juice <----- I could be wrong but john said he was spraying.

1.60 to 1.72 60'
7.16 to 7.39 1/8
95.35 to 95.36 mph

good run Chris your car was hooking

Johns Last pass vs. Bill's Mach1 with somelse driving looked like Manny.

1.60 to 1.58 60'
7.13 to 7.65 1/8
95.36 to 89.27 mph

My best pass

1.59' 60'
7.14 1/8
95.40 mph

Oh Yeah don't want to forget my beating :D Bill drug my ass on a PRO-TREE 7.65 to my 8.02 spinning badly. Good run Bill :D

Some guy will a white LX with a 351 Cleveland drug me 6.95 to my 7.39 <----- I was working on my reaction time on that pass ( cut .080 light :) ). But no excuses I still lost.

I had fun!!!!!!!! :D


TOMMY
 

·
Narcissistic fade away
Joined
·
17,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mikeb said:
It appears that a lot of people got a new best, myself included :)

Thanks for all of the hard work Brooks and everyone else that helped pull this together :cool:

No problemo - TXR did a great job with the track prep and cleanup as usual. The street tire racers were great as well making the track integrity last even more. I think the turnout was great it looked to be A LOT bigger than the last cruise.

Also- I ran into Garth (GRAN86) he was making some passes in the street car - did anyone see JETFAST50?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
i was just happy to see it go .90s, you guys make many runs after i left?
 

·
Land of never enough
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
Quick 8 final went like this

Me Unc
R/T .040 .043
60' 1.42 1.49
330' 3.92 3.95
330 mph 91.65 92.34
1/8 5.968 5.984

Don't get much closer then that! Not bad considering the car would not even start to back off the trailer since I put big ass injectors in yesterday and had no tunning with them what so ever. Big thanks to Brooks for getting it to run on 160lb. injectors so quick! Seems I am running out of fuel pump now though which slowed the car down from running consistant .80's to .90's. :mad: Race cars are just a endless none forgiving money pit! Anyone want to buy a Aeromotive Eliminator pump with 50 some pass's for $300? lol

On a good note all three compitition runs where against Camaro's and a "mustang" took them out. Two of them had the potential to smoke me but I got lucky..... :p Couldn't have a camaro win the DFW Stangs race now could we!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,486 Posts
Damn Alternator!

Thd day started off great. Stopped at Hooters, unloaded the car, ate, then drove it to the track. 2 miles from the track the alternator burns up :mad: Volts were way down and its a one wire system. Tried to rig up a stock one with to no avail. Since the volts were so far down w/ battery only we decided not to make any passes and mess it up. So much for all the work that was put in to make the event but thats racing. There was a good turn out and even though I didn't make any passes I still had fun. Hopefully for the next cruise everything will go right. And the car drove awesome on the hwy :D I cruised from Hooters to the track at 85mph trying to catch everyone :D Never missed a beat till the alt. went up in smoke.
 

·
Getting Out Of The Game
Joined
·
3,118 Posts
93coupett said:
Thd day started off great. Stopped at Hooters, unloaded the car, ate, then drove it to the track. 2 miles from the track the alternator burns up :mad: Volts were way down and its a one wire system. Tried to rig up a stock one with to no avail. Since the volts were so far down w/ battery only we decided not to make any passes and mess it up. So much for all the work that was put in to make the event but thats racing. There was a good turn out and even though I didn't make any passes I still had fun. Hopefully for the next cruise everything will go right. And the car drove awesome on the hwy :D I cruised from Hooters to the track at 85mph trying to catch everyone :D Never missed a beat till the alt. went up in smoke.
i had a good time also, the coupe ran fine up until it was time to leave dmp this morning :( then all hell broke loose, so i had to take it home and drive the f150 to the track :( 93 coupett, hopefully the next cruise will go right for me and you :D 302 paf your car ran good ;) i just hate you didn't get to beat more ls1's :D nice to meet green87coupe and his daughter :p (or his wife green87cg :D ) also 90stang
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
Mike (87greencoupe) ran a new best all the way around.... was suppose to run 01 WS6 but he was a no show.... Met alot of people and hung out with some friends... all in all it was a great day..... until the crack came out....... Damn dont you know that crack kills buddy!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
A BLACK MAN'S COUPE said:
i had a good time also, the coupe ran fine up until it was time to leave dmp this morning :( then all hell broke loose, so i had to take it home and drive the f150 to the track :( 93 coupett, hopefully the next cruise will go right for me and you :D 302 paf your car ran good ;) i just hate you didn't get to beat more ls1's :D nice to meet green87coupe and his daughter :p (or his wife green87cg :D ) also 90stang
watch it buddy.... I can take you out! :p I will make sure to bring you my daughters pom poms next time! lol
 

·
Getting Out Of The Game
Joined
·
3,118 Posts
greencoupesgirl said:
Mike (87greencoupe) ran a new best all the way around.... was suppose to run 01 WS6 but he was a no show.... Met alot of people and hung out with some friends... all in all it was a great day..... until the crack came out....... Damn dont you know that crack kills buddy!
damn :eek: who's red f150 is that in the back ground :D
 
1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Top