DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
still here
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chevrolet will unveil SS versions of the 2006 TrailBlazer, Malibu and Malibu Maxx at this week's New York auto show.
The TrailBlazer will be the first General Motors SUV to wear the SS badge and will offer the Corvette-derived LS2 6.0-liter V-8, giving it 391 hp and a 0 to 60 mph time of 5.7 seconds.

The TrailBlazer also gets a performance suspension, 20-inch wheels and specific interior appointments.

The Malibu SS and Malibu Maxx SS will offer a 240-hp, 3.9-liter V-6 with variable valve timing, 18-inch wheels and a sport-tuned suspension. The V-6 is an upgrade of 40 hp over the 3.5-liter V-6 offered on the up-level Malibu and Malibu Maxx.

·
Texas Rangers #1
10,592 Posts
That_Is_My_El_Camino said:
Chevy VTEC, baby. It's a beautiful thing. :cool:

Alright, who the fuck am I kidding? Raise your hands, I know there's at least seven of you dumb enough to believe it...
You know what's funny... my Honda VTEC makes the same power with half the cubic inches. Variable Valve Timing + US AutoMakers = Poo. :)

I like that TrailBlazer though, that thing is sweet. Chevy needs to stick to their V8's, they're great engines.

·
#4 Best QB Ever
29,339 Posts
Kenny_Stang said:
You know what's funny... my Honda VTEC makes the same power with half the cubic inches. Variable Valve Timing + US AutoMakers = Poo. :)

I like that TrailBlazer though, that thing is sweet. Chevy needs to stick to their V8's, they're great engines.
I am in 1,000 times agreement with you.

·
Texas Rangers #1
10,592 Posts
Yep, manufacturers have started "whoring" out their classic name plates... first the GTO (which is a nice car, but doesn't live up to it's namesake), then the Charger (what were they thinking?) and now the SS.

Ford is coming out with a new Shelby Mustang Cobra, hopefully it'll make the nameplate proud instead of being and overpriced POS with a classic name.

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
so a truck and two fwd shit boxes are wearing SS badges, what a fucking crock of shit....

·
Resident Curmudgeon
3,232 Posts
While were on the GM SS Truck subject...

I'll need to sell my (late) brothers '04 SS Chevy P/U.... anybody have an idea about a SS enthusiasts website to post it on? I've done a search... but didn't have much luck.

Any sugestions would be appreciated.

mardyn :(

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Most of ya'll are to young to remember the Carrol Shelby Dodge Omni.

Total POS! Please god let the new Mustang take his name back to where it once
was.

·
That's what she said!
3,896 Posts
mardyn said:
While were on the GM SS Truck subject...

I'll need to sell my (late) brothers '04 SS Chevy P/U.... anybody have an idea about a SS enthusiasts website to post it on? I've done a search... but didn't have much luck.

Any sugestions would be appreciated.

mardyn :(
check out www.silveradoss.com

that is a decent website, I frequent it quite a bit

1 - 19 of 19 Posts