DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be getting gears/tlok installed soon on my 2001 v6. They are 4.10s. Do they have the shims and bearings for, say a 7.5 rear axle?

All I am going to take:
2 qts of Royal Purple Max Gear
Brand new 4.10 ring gear and pinion set
7.5 track-lok
Ford Friction Modifier

Will they be able to do it?
 

·
Still Slow
Joined
·
2,347 Posts
i dont know what you already have but if i were you i'd look for a 8.8 with tlok and it would prolly be around the same price as swapping all that stuff in, pick up some 4.10's from the parts forum for ~$100 and you will be set. I am pretty sure Doc can do the 7.5 stuff if you are going to stick with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mach1

I will keep the 7.5 cause I will never be making enough power to break it, and also its like ~35lbs(?) lighter than the 8.8.

Yeah I am getting it installed by Doc tomorrow, hopefully it will all work out good.
 

·
Still Slow
Joined
·
2,347 Posts
Doc's a good guy, i've only talked to him once but I got a good first impression from him and I have heard nothing but good things about him, good luck! Let me know how much better it feels with the 4.10's :)
 

·
The Janitor
Joined
·
15,927 Posts
i would suggest Dallas Mustang, if you have 100+ posts you get 5% off, and they are big enough that they have the tools, depth gauges, and technicians to do it right, and follow up on anything. PM me if you want to know more about why i suggest elsewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
mach1 said:
i dont know what you already have but if i were you i'd look for a 8.8 with tlok and it would prolly be around the same price as swapping all that stuff in, pick up some 4.10's from the parts forum for ~$100 and you will be set. I am pretty sure Doc can do the 7.5 stuff if you are going to stick with it.
Cost more money and add more weight. A 7.5" will hold way more power then he'll probably ever put out.
 

·
Still Slow
Joined
·
2,347 Posts
91Coupe said:
Cost more money and add more weight. A 7.5" will hold way more power then he'll probably ever put out.
Yea I was just offering a suggestions if he ever planned on putting more down, when I had my v6 I had big plans for it so I was going to drop in a 8.8 just to be safe. If he sticks to that v6 then it will hold fine, hell i have the 7.5 in my 83 still with a 351W and it holds up fine, for now. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got my gears installed earlier this morning. Doc did a really good job. They came in just for me today to get this done. He really knows what he's doing and lets you watch and ask questions during the install which was really cool. I will definitely use him for my future installs.

Thanks Doc.
:)
-Cooper
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
mustang01 said:
Just got my gears installed earlier this morning. Doc did a really good job. They came in just for me today to get this done. He really knows what he's doing and lets you watch and ask questions during the install which was really cool. I will definitely use him for my future installs.

Thanks Doc.
:)
-Cooper

cool, I have been taking stangs to Doc for a couple years now, he has never done me wrong
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
mustang01 said:
Just got my gears installed earlier this morning. Doc did a really good job. They came in just for me today to get this done. He really knows what he's doing and lets you watch and ask questions during the install which was really cool. I will definitely use him for my future installs.

Thanks Doc.
:)
-Cooper
Nice to meet you this morning Cooper. I was the other guy up there. Glad to see you were happy with it because I never got to ask you how you liked it after it was done. Hope to see you up there in the future.

Justin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Justin,

Thanks for all your help. Yeah I like them alot, they feel good. Yeah I will be up at Doc's shop whenever I need to get something else installed. Again, thanks.
 

·
Im Not Fat Im Big Boned !
Joined
·
3,640 Posts
Doc does a great job on gear installs ! Id recommend him for that as well. He does pretty much anything ! Great guy as well. Rob
 

·
Rolling with the homies
Joined
·
31,056 Posts
32VfromHell said:
i would suggest Dallas Mustang, if you have 100+ posts you get 5% off, and they are big enough that they have the tools, depth gauges, and technicians to do it right, and follow up on anything. PM me if you want to know more about why i suggest elsewhere.
Someone is still bitter :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would take my car to the-mustang-shop over dallas mustang just over issues i've had with them. Doc is a very skilled mechanic who knows what he's doing and I trust him working on my car.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top