·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,729 Posts
*insert rice comments* get ready for em is all i have to say

·
Fabrique National Fan
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW...I am not concerned with the Import/domestic comments...i know its a Jap car. i would just like any input on gas mileage, reliability, and safety.

Thanx

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,729 Posts
go with a Honda Accord or civic

·
Premium Member
4,671 Posts
V6FireChickenFromHell said:
BTW...I am not concerned with the Import/domestic comments...i know its a Jap car. i would just like any input on gas mileage, reliability, and safety.

Thanx
you could probably get all that info off their website;)

·
Fabrique National Fan
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THE_RAM said:
go with a Honda Accord or civic
That's what i said, but for some reason she wants an Eclipse. I know for a fact hondas are good cars. But she's a woman and she wants the car that i am going to spend the most time fixing:D

·
Fabrique National Fan
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YoBro said:
you could probably get all that info off their website;)
I would like a non-Mitsubishi source. Ya know...people who have friends, wifes, girlfriends with them.

·
Fabrique National Fan
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GE said:
I felt like it was a very vital question in her quest for a new automobile!
Well, in that case...I feel it was a very important, straight forward question...but the answer is still no.:p

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,729 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
???

I haven't heard very good things about the eclipse. I know someone who has one and she said she seems to have a lot of problems with it (for it being a 01). Definately tell her to stick with Honda or Toyta. Very reliable cars and they are easy to fix (normally). Good luck.
BTW: I just got a new Lexus this weekend (a division of Toyta)

·
#1 Howard Stern fan
4,842 Posts
2nd gen was no better. Mine was shit from 32,000 miles on....I wont ever buy another Mitsubishi again. ........ever, did I say ever ?..........ever. They suck. Gas mileage was great though, if you count the the gas I was saving while it was broken down in the garage. :mad:

·
Yes I'm...
3,630 Posts
If you get a DSM, then that's cool :cool:

Otherwise blah :p

·
The Janitor
16,424 Posts
White_lightning said:
celica GTS.. the 3rd gen eclipse is crap
<2nd this if your going to get a new import coupe.

Brandon, tell her to look at a new WRX, i mean her parents cant exactly argue with 4WD and 4 seats in a car package.

·
Yes I'm...
3,630 Posts
The 6-speed GTS's are pretty cool...a good chick car IMHO.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
If i was to buy a japanese automobile, it would definatly be a Toyota. A Celica GTS with a 4 cylinder 180hp VVT-I motor with a 6 speed is a fun little car, I drove those suckers all the time and for a little car they handled quite nicely, interior was nice with leather seats and comfortable as heck. Plus with Toyota you get
5 year/60K powertrain and 3 year/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty and they go for around 21K fully loaded.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts