·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some weight reduction......

removed passenger seat
removed rear lower seat
removed 10" sub woofer.

Aired front tires up from 20 lbs :rolleyes: to 35 lbs. (someone on spring cruise day told me they looked low........I should have listened)

Bottom line..............No 7.9's :mad:
No FUCKING TRACTION :mad: I spun for 10-15 feet :mad: Best I could do was a 8.097 @ 86.09 mph with a suckass 1.894 60' time :mad: Less weight and cooler air screwed me over :(

I was so mad I could have ripped the hair right out of my nuts. :rolleyes: But then common sense told me that would not be worth it. :)

Sunday's 60' was 1.770

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mikeb said:
Ya gotta love racing :)

Keep trying!
If you don't mind............I will love it tomorrow. :p I hate it right now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
480 Posts
man, if you wanna go 7.9...or even 6.9 shoot me a pm and i'll set you up with a guy. throw a purpose built LS1 in there, maybe a bottle or something with the trans/rearend that's already under it and you'll get your number, and be state of the art while doing so.

·
duh...duh....duh
9,543 Posts
Need more stickers. Bummer though, I guess I just learned something. Lighter weight does not always mean faster. I'd be interested to hear if it turns out to be a...
1. Relearn your launch with the lighter back...
2. You know have to make it so you get better traction
3. Just accomplish #2 by putting the stuff back in. :)

Take care,

·
IA2
22,413 Posts
SSMAN said:
If you don't mind............I will love it tomorrow. :p I hate it right now. :rolleyes:
LOL.... been there done that. I sweated through a cam swap that threw me problems left and right..... and then ran .1 slower at the track :rolleyes: :(

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ceyko said:
Need more stickers. Bummer though, I guess I just learned something. Lighter weight does not always mean faster. I'd be interested to hear if it turns out to be a...
1. Relearn your launch with the lighter back...
2. You know have to make it so you get better traction
3. Just accomplish #2 by putting the stuff back in. :)

Take care,

I think the nittos being cold has a lot to do with it. They are not very forgiving being 2 years old. They hooked good sunday though. A set of MT drag radials would do the trick. ;)

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SLOWVERADO said:
man, if you wanna go 7.9...or even 6.9 shoot me a pm and i'll set you up with a guy. throw a purpose built LS1 in there, maybe a bottle or something with the trans/rearend that's already under it and you'll get your number, and be state of the art while doing so.

This was just a quest for this week. I did not build this car to haul ass. I can go fast if I have the true desire.(mid to low 7's) Thats easy. Its getting there with whats on the car that makes it fun. Traction would have got me to the 7.9's with no problem. Thats all I wanted. If I want to go low 7's................I will throw the bottle on it that is setting in my gargage and slap a 150 wet shot to it. But thanks anyway. :)

·
Banned
19,494 Posts
SSMAN said:
I think the nittos being cold has a lot to do with it. They are not very forgiving being 2 years old. They hooked good sunday though. A set of MT drag radials would do the trick. ;)
maybe some adjustable shocks :cool: :cool:

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mach1Marauder said:
maybe some adjustable shocks :cool: :cool:

You talking about the front? For better weight transfer?

·
PVC Racing
9,779 Posts
SSMAN said:

removed passenger seat
removed rear lower seat
removed 10" sub woofer.

Aired front tires up from 20 lbs :rolleyes: to 35 lbs. (someone on spring cruise day told me they looked low........I should have listened)

No FUCKING TRACTION :mad: I spun for 10-15 feet :mad: Best I could do was a 8.097 @ 86.09 mph with a suckass 1.894 60' time :mad: Less weight and cooler air screwed me over :(

I was so mad I could have ripped the hair right out of my nuts. :rolleyes: But then common sense told me that would not be worth it. :)

Sunday's 60' was 1.770

you should have taken all that shit out before Sunday and you would have gotten your 7 :p

·
Hamilton Racing Ownz U
10,712 Posts
SSMAN said:

removed passenger seat
removed rear lower seat
removed 10" sub woofer.

Sunday's 60' was 1.770
Leave the weight out and get some stickies... you'll be running 7.8s EASY!

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mach1Marauder said:
front and rear......yep

Got air shocks in the back...............I did lower them on the last two runs. Not exactly the adjustable your were referring to. :)

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
musclestang89 said:
you should have taken all that shit out before Sunday and you would have gotten your 7 :p

Damn that hindsight. :mad: But your right. I really thought I would be running the usual 8.2-8.3's. I was shocked when I saw the first two runs at 8.0's. :eek: So needless to say...............I did not see the point at the time. :rolleyes: Lesson learned

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
STROKD said:
Leave the weight out and get some stickies... you'll be running 7.8s EASY!

If I can get my ex to get a descent job and quit draining money out of me...............I will do just that. ;) I want a set of MT drag radials so bad I can taste it. :D

·
Banned
19,494 Posts
SSMAN said:
If I can get my ex to get a descent job and quit draining money out of me...............I will do just that. ;) I want a set of MT drag radials so bad I can taste it. :D
Damn vampire bitch!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mach1Marauder said:
Damn vampire bitch!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

You know her to Bill??? :eek:

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mach1Marauder said:
Thank God NO!!!
But you did look a little pale at the Cruise!

Yeah.................a little less "Green" in my color :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts