1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
FORMER LS1 OWNER
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://espn.go.com/ncf/news/2002/1125/1466458.html

Monday, November 25

Texas A&M freshman Fails dies at 18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- A Texas A&M freshman football player has died, officials at his former school district said Monday.

Grapevine Independent School District spokeswoman Robin McLure confirmed 18-year-old Brandon Fails had died, but said she knew no details of the events surrounding his death.

Fails' parents, who live in Euless near Fort Worth, Texas, rushed from their home to College Station.

On Monday's Big 12 conference call, A&M coach R.C. Slocum alluded to Fails but did not mention him by name.

"We've had a tragedy on our team this morning involving one of the players,'' Slocum said. "Out of respect for our players' family en route to College Station, I won't give his name.''

The university has scheduled a news conference for Monday afternoon.

The 6-foot-1, 307-pound Fails was voted Class 5A Defensive Player of the Year by Associated Press Sports Editors for his play last season. He was a first-team All-State selection in voting by the APSE and the Texas Sports Writers Association.

In his senior season, Fails registered 36 tackles and five sacks and forced three fumbles.

In extremely limited playing time this season, the freshman was in on two tackles against Louisiana Tech. Fails appeared in four games overall for the Aggies.

·
Registered
774 Posts
And why is this news worthy ? Oh yea I forgot, because he plays football...If it was any of the other people who managed to get themselves deceased yesterday nobody would know or care. Now we know and just don't care. Because tubby had a miniscule portion of celebrity he gets to have his death trumpeted in the press. When they release the details he better have been decapitated in a duel or something to make it newsworthy :rolleyes:

Y2K_WS6_T/A said:
http://espn.go.com/ncf/news/2002/1125/1466458.html

Monday, November 25

Texas A&M freshman Fails dies at 18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- A Texas A&M freshman football player has died, officials at his former school district said Monday.

Grapevine Independent School District spokeswoman Robin McLure confirmed 18-year-old Brandon Fails had died, but said she knew no details of the events surrounding his death.

Fails' parents, who live in Euless near Fort Worth, Texas, rushed from their home to College Station.

On Monday's Big 12 conference call, A&M coach R.C. Slocum alluded to Fails but did not mention him by name.

"We've had a tragedy on our team this morning involving one of the players,'' Slocum said. "Out of respect for our players' family en route to College Station, I won't give his name.''

The university has scheduled a news conference for Monday afternoon.

The 6-foot-1, 307-pound Fails was voted Class 5A Defensive Player of the Year by Associated Press Sports Editors for his play last season. He was a first-team All-State selection in voting by the APSE and the Texas Sports Writers Association.

In his senior season, Fails registered 36 tackles and five sacks and forced three fumbles.

In extremely limited playing time this season, the freshman was in on two tackles against Louisiana Tech. Fails appeared in four games overall for the Aggies.

·
FORMER LS1 OWNER
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Texas A&M Football Player Dies (local to DFW)

EquusCriollo said:
And why is this news worthy ? Oh yea I forgot, because he plays football...If it was any of the other people who managed to get themselves deceased yesterday nobody would know or care. Now we know and just don't care. Because tubby had a miniscule portion of celebrity he gets to have his death trumpeted in the press. When they release the details he better have been decapitated in a duel or something to make it newsworthy :rolleyes:

Maybe he died due to the aftermath of the Alternate Bonfire last night?

·
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
14,997 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Texas A&M Football Player Dies (local to DFW)

Y2K_WS6_T/A said:
Damn it, I just knew one of you assholes would say that . . . and it's <h1>NOT FUNNY!!!!</h1> :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
14,997 Posts
Re: Re: Texas A&M Football Player Dies (local to DFW)

EquusCriollo said:
Damn dude, who do you know that died yesterday that's making you so bitter?

·
FORMER LS1 OWNER
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A&M freshman football player collapses, dies
11/25/2002

From Staff and Wire Reports

COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Texas A&M freshman Brandon Fails, a defensive lineman from Colleyville Heritage High School, collapsed in his Cain Hall dorm room Monday morning and was taken to St. Joseph Regional Health Center in Bryan where he later died, according to an official Texas A&M release. An autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of death. "Brandon and his roommate, Patrick Fleming, awoke for breakfast this morning and Brandon said he was having a hard time breathing," said Dr. Jesse Parr, a Texas A&M football team physician. "Emergency personnel arrived quickly, and he was rushed to the emergency room at St. Joseph's Hospital. Attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful, and he was pronounced dead at 9:03 a.m."
No additional information was released pending notification of family members. "Brandon was a bright-eyed young man with an engaging personality," Aggie head football coach R.C. Slocum said. "You couldn't be around Brandon for very long without smiling. He was an outstanding football player, but an even better person. Words cannot describe the pain and sorrow felt by our football family regarding the loss of this fine young man. His family is in our thoughts and prayers." Brandon, the son of Charles and Valerie Fails of Euless, was born May 7, 1984. He played in four games this season as a freshman. He recorded two assisted tackles and one quarterback hurry. He sustained a knee injury in practice and underwent knee surgery on Oct. 22. Fails was a first-team All-State selection at Heritage High School in Colleyville, where he played for Coach Chris Cunningham. He was voted Class 5A Defensive Player of the Year by Associated Press Sports Editors for his play last season. In his senior season, Fails registered 36 tackles and five sacks and forced three fumbles. No further medial details are available at this time. Funeral arrangements are pending.

·
FORMER LS1 OWNER
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Re: Re: Texas A&M Football Player Dies (local to DFW)

Who Needs 8 said:
Damn it, I just knew one of you assholes would say that . . . and it's <h1>NOT FUNNY!!!!</h1> :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WOW...you must have ESP.....who said it was FUNNY?

·
Registered
774 Posts

That would be a headline ! "College drunk dies in foolhardy attempt to impersonate inferno man"

Y2K_WS6_T/A said:

·
Registered
774 Posts

I am not bitter, I just don't understand what makes this death newsworthy as opposed to the other hundreds of deaths yesterday. I am sure there are at least a few people out there who croaked in much more exciting and amusing ways.

Who Needs 8 said:
Damn dude, who do you know that died yesterday that's making you so bitter?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Well....since you don't know me or have any emotional or financial stake in my life or death I wouldnt expect much different. Thank you for proving my point.

46Tbird said:
Ooooh... you're so callous. :rolleyes:

I'll be sure to not give a fuck when you die too, asshole.

·
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
14,997 Posts
46Tbird said:
Maston's just a little bit Ag-sensitive.

I went to A&M and couldn't care any less about your comment.
Well when ever you lose a friend in the collapse, you can be sensitive. To me, it's the same reason that we don't make Sept. 11th jokes.

·
FORMER LS1 OWNER
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who Needs 8 said:
To me, it's the same reason that we don't make Sept. 11th jokes.

We don't? :confused:

·
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
14,997 Posts
Jesus you guys are fucking idiots . . . just don't say any negative comments about bonfire :rolleyes:

·
FORMER LS1 OWNER
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Who Needs 8 said:
Jesus you guys are fucking idiots . . . just don't say any negative comments about bonfire :rolleyes:
No negative comments about bonfire here, but may have some negative comments about Aggies in general. ;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts