DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is test and tune and am i allowed to go or would the guys racing the non street legal cars frown upon me for that? i just had alot of work done to my car and just want to see what the change is. BTW it is at redline raceway.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
ohhh.. hehehe... my car is not fast enough to spin the tires anyways....

j/k, I thought doing burnouts was just to heat the tires up if you have slicks... most street tires don't hook as well if they are "heated up" imo... but I do not do much racing at the track anyways.... sorry to mess up this post :)

·
None
10,576 Posts
trey85stang said:
whats wrong with driving through the waterbox??
When going to a track with street tires, you don't need to burnout anyway. A quick spin of the tires to get debris off them is the most you should do. Street tires have too hard of rubber and don't become "sticky" like drag radials or slicks do.

With the waterbox, the treads of the street tires will pick up the water and carry it to the start line thereby screwing up anyone who is behind you. Plus, the water also will be flung up into the fenderwell and drip down onto the tire and track as you make your run. That'll reduce traction and make things very slick for others who go through it.

All the water box is for is for those with sticky tires to dip in and then come back out for the burnout. You never spin your tires IN the water box. That'll get you a stern lecture from the track staff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.