DFW Mustang Forums banner
181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Oh, I forgot that you being older makes your opinion more valid.

Yep, beating TCU who dominated the MWC, which other than TCU's game, dominated their bowl appearances, doesn't mean shit.
You cant reason with some people, especially since their team is in the "Clubhouse" and part of the system. To them it is as fair as can be. Vertnut reminds me of someone who has horse blinders on and is too stubborn to even see another point of view.

At the end of the day the BCS had it right. I mean really, could you imagine if they faced Boise State against a Goliath of a big 12 team back in the day like two years ago what would happen. I don't know maybe someone like Oklahoma. Better yet imagine if they had matched up a team from the Midwest against the mighty Alabama team who was ranked number 1 most of last year. As godlike as they are, the point spread would probably be like 50. Most people would probably leave the stadium by half-time at witnessing such a horrendous blowout.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
You cant reason with some people, especially since their team is in the "Clubhouse" and part of the system. To them it is as fair as can be. Vertnut reminds me of someone who has horse blinders on and is too stubborn to even see another point of view.

At the end of the day the BCS had it right. I mean really, could you imagine if they faced Boise State against a Goliath of a big 12 team back in the day like two years ago what would happen. I don't know maybe someone like Oklahoma. Better yet imagine if they had matched up a team from the Midwest against the mighty Alabama team who was ranked number 1 most of last year. As godlike as they are, the point spread would probably be like 50. Most people would probably leave the stadium by half-time at witnessing such a horrendous blowout.
Two years ago? Two years is an eternity in college football. These teams change tremendously over one year, and even more so in two.

You get to the "clubhouse" by EARNING it! Something you (or TCU) know nothing about. You think TCU got screwed this year, you wait until next year. LOL! Hell, after that performance the other night, it will be a decade before they're taken seriously again.

By the way, OU was 10th in the nation before Boise beat them. Hardly a national championship caliber team, or the "Goliath" you portray them to be.

But...nice try!

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
That's the point I am trying to make. This Should be considered a championship for the best team this year. Not the one that has earned it by what they did over the years. The BCS is nothing more than a beauty contest.

181 - 186 of 186 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.