DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gunga galunga
7,544 Posts
I would have really liked to seen TCU and Florida in the sugar bowl, but I'm glad we are playing an undefeated BSU over a GA Tech or Iowa. Great season for the frogs, now just to finish it out with a decisive win!

There will always be speculation of who deserves what, but no matter what this year has done a lot for TCU's recruiting and recognition, and a BCS win will set them up for next season. I'll be in Glendale the 4th:cool:

BTW: I'm still really shocked cincy passed us in the BCS ranking despite both polls having TCU #3.

·
Gunga galunga
7,544 Posts
No. By letting TCU play Boise, they essentially saved their ass. If TCU beat Florida it would just be another argument for why the BCS sucks. The SEC was a little overrated and the big 12 was highly overrated this year.
It was kind of a copout for the BCS, but really the matchup works. Boise travels well and they will do well in Glendale and I think TCU will travel pretty well to the Fiesta bowl. Plus you have the only other undefeated shootout besides the NC game. (its all about money still)

It just sucks that the "power conferences" will be able to argue that beating another non-aq team is weak and TCU hasn't proven themselves. If TCU wants a shot for the NC next year they will basically have to be on a 27 game winning streak...:grumble: Next season should be good since TCU is only losing a few starters, and we won't be starting out ranked 17:cool:

Got my plane tickets booked with a stop in vegas for a couple of days:beerchug:

·
Gunga galunga
7,544 Posts
Don't the individual bowl selection committees determine which team they pick? After the teams they're locked into, of course.
I thought I read that the Sugar and Fiesta picked the opponents who would play against Cinci and Boise, respectively.
Yeah, they try to create the best match up for tv ratings, attendance, $$$, etc. The bowl committees get to pick from the pool of teams based on BCS selection after the guaranteed spots and NC spots are filled. I think they even have some additional guidelines for match ups based on prior bowls, if teams play each other in the regular season, etc.

·
Gunga galunga
7,544 Posts
Tcu lost tonight, they weren't running the blitz, and the offensive play calling was off. All season long they have been successful using balanced play calling, but tonight they completely dropped the ground game. I don't really understand their goal throwing the ball so much especially when Dalton is having a bad game and receivers were dropping passes. Tcu's d played decent, they only gave up 10 (13) points to the top scoring offense in the country, but the offense completly dropped the ball...

Get off the big 12 high horse routine, face it the big 12 basically sucked this year and UT, bama, and uf all had bad games especially towards the end of the season. The frogs just had a bad game on the wrong night against another great program. Stop taking away from these programs that both had a hell of a season... :cool:

·
Gunga galunga
7,544 Posts
Looking back at it, Boise did there job on defense making Dalton throw the ball a lot. They made TCU 1 Dimensional.

TCU Defense is the real deal. Doubt they'd shut out a Florida , UT , Oregon offense, but they shut down a great one yesterday.
TCU's play calling made them one dimensional, they completely gave up on the run... They have three young and talented running backs and they have been able to wear out the D while keeping fresh legs in the game.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.