DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PVC Racing
9,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had them on since we put the motor together.. but now we are doing a intake swap from the cobra to a holley systemax2 intake. even with a 1inch spacer and some grinding on the valve cover and intake it hits. :mad: We did add some more gaskets and that should do it.

Anyone else ever had problems with the tall valver covers? I wish I had the short ones now.

I'll try and post up a pic tomorrow showing how close it is.

·
Retired Gun
5,159 Posts
If hood clearance is not a problem then stack another 1/2" spacer to accomodate them. Nice Avatar by the way.....Where did you find yours?

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have that problem. I'm using tall motorsport covers with my 95 cobra intake. I was a bitch to get the intake on...grinding and cutting got it on along with a 1 inch spacer... I'm probably losing some high end horsepower that way but I have no choice. My adjustable roller rockers just wouldn't clear the stock valve covers :mad:

·
PVC Racing
9,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the avatar on mustangworld.com. someone had it in the sig. Then I posted it up over here to get it resized. How long have you had it in yours? Oh it goes well with yor username:D

With the cobra I didn't have really much of a probelm. Where was your hitting? Mine is on the driver side.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Mine was actually hitting on both side. On the driver's side the PCV fitting at the back corner wouldn't clear so I plugged it initially and just yesterday I modify a little fitting from home depot to work (see pic)... I have some issue with burning oil that's coming in through the upper intake via the PCV so that's why I had to rig that up..

On the pass. side I had to basically chop the bottom stud on the EGR mounting area and the same on the EGR valve itself.... and I also had to grind some of the throotle body off where the IAC mounts up.. I'm going to try to get some fox valve covers here pretty soon and see if they will work better....

·
Retired Gun
5,159 Posts
musclestang89 said:
I found the avatar on mustangworld.com. someone had it in the sig. Then I posted it up over here to get it resized. How long have you had it in yours? Oh it goes well with yor username:D
I have had it for a while.....I use different ones all the time. I get tired of looking at certain ones for a long period of time... :D You will not notice any difference in using another spacer. Most likely it will not effect your ET's nor your performance. What you lose on one end you will gain on the other. Unless you are running factory stock then there is no reason not to put a spacer on it if you have the hood clearance...Just my $0.02
Shawn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts