DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

"To Punish and Enslave.."
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this article regarding use of the specified flywheel bolts.

When converting from automatic to a manual transmission, be sure to use the correct flywheel bolts. Those specified for use with an automatic transmission flexplate and stiffener are not long enough.

Current Ford Master Parts Catalogs specify part # D2AZ-6379-B bolts for both flexplates and flywheels. They are not long enough to properly clamp a manual transmission flywheel to the crankshaft. Don't trust 'em.

Obsolete but still available part # B8AZ-6379-A is the correct grip length. These bolts come with thread sealant pre-applied.

Anyone know where I can get them or can I use the AOD flywheel bolts?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts