DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Horsepower Extractor
4,738 Posts
Cobra R said:
$85 for long tubes? Damn what are they made of...beer cans?
LOL! I bought a Nova once that had a Coors light can for a coil. :D

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Like shit. You better get some heat wrap too for your starter. They tell you to cut them too. DON'T F'ING DO IT! Just unbolt the power steering shaft and the motor mounts, jack the motor up to put them in, for your sake, do not cut them like they tell you to. If you get them and have no clue as to what I'm talking about, on the flange there will be cuts, like half way through. Also, you'll notice on the primaries that they come apart. Again, do not cut them, after you cut them and take them apart for installation, you'll never get them put back together right. Trust me on this one, I thought "oooh $80 for some long tubes". Jesus, $200 is well worth it after that experience. Oh yeah, and you'll have to do something about an h-pipe. I had straight pipes custom fit on my car. A thousand times easier than anything else.

Noah

·
3 valves
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
****** said:
Like shit. You better get some heat wrap too for your starter. They tell you to cut them too. DON'T F'ING DO IT! Just unbolt the power steering shaft and the motor mounts, jack the motor up to put them in, for your sake, do not cut them like they tell you to. If you get them and have no clue as to what I'm talking about, on the flange there will be cuts, like half way through. Also, you'll notice on the primaries that they come apart. Again, do not cut them, after you cut them and take them apart for installation, you'll never get them put back together right. Trust me on this one, I thought "oooh $80 for some long tubes". Jesus, $200 is well worth it after that experience. Oh yeah, and you'll have to do something about an h-pipe. I had straight pipes custom fit on my car. A thousand times easier than anything else.

Noah

A shorty H pipe wont work on these?

·
Horsepower Extractor
4,738 Posts
Dolomite said:
Summit gave me free primer on my box, and a scratched up intake manifold!
I got a package from them today and everything was perfect. I even got a free sample of Armor All in with my order!

·
Premium Member
14,251 Posts
I've ordered a shitload of stuff from Summit over the years. They have gotten my order right every time and they always get the parts shipped out quickley. Plus the free shipping rules.

·
DFWStangs' Patron Saint
6,599 Posts
66Deuce said:
I got a package from them today and everything was perfect. I even got a free sample of Armor All in with my order!
Only you would be excited about Armor All.

Before somebody says "It was UPS" the inner big box was dropped full loaded with parts on one corner, it what appeared to be a vat of primer. They then proceeded to encase the big box in two smaller boxes and sent it. Wouldn't you know, it only gouged the manifold on the sealing surfaces.

·
Registered
559 Posts
aren't those only 1 1/2 inch primaries though.
You could have got heddmans for 119.00 and they require no cutting!

·
Horsepower Extractor
4,738 Posts
Dolomite said:
Only you would be excited about Armor All.
That's better than just the bags of air I get from Jegs. Don't be bitter because you bought an intake off of Ebay and blame it on Summit.

Cobra R said:
I've ordered a shitload of stuff from Summit over the years. They have gotten my order right every time and they always get the parts shipped out quickley. Plus the free shipping rules.
Also... if you order something that is backordered or dropped shipped....you can add to your existing order and not be charged any additional handling fees. I've been waiting on an order for a couple weeks and have ordered 3x and not been charged for more than the parts themselves. :cool:

·
DFWStangs' Patron Saint
6,599 Posts
66Deuce said:
That's better than just the bags of air I get from Jegs.
I would think you'd enjoy them, seeing as you have alot in common.

Have fun cracking whatever vinyl or plastic you put that shit on!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
mustangfreak said:
A shorty H pipe wont work on these?
Did you even look at the picture? They use three bolt collectors.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts