DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Narcissistic fade away
17,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already talked to a few boardmembers and came to the conclusion that the next cruise should or would probably be the "Summer Cruise"

Most likely in mid September to avoid the summer heat OR maybe in the evening on Saturday ???

It seems that this cruise was a hit in many ways but not in others.. the Quick 8 definately had the most action with most of the cars running mid-to-low 6's and high 5's....

The bracket program seemed to do pretty well with the dude in the truck owning everyone (don't know who it was just heard about it)

Suggestions??

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
heads up rent car...........most nitrous or biggest intake explosion wins. Have to show proof of rental agreement to get tech card. :)

·
PVC Racing
9,779 Posts
I say run it just like we did it this time. Everyone had fun and it was a damn good turn out. Don't change a thing, just everyone needs to get faster, including myself :(

just my .02

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
turbostang said:
I have already talked to a few boardmembers and came to the conclusion that the next cruise should or would probably be the "Summer Cruise"

Most likely in mid September to avoid the summer heat OR maybe in the evening on Saturday ???

It seems that this cruise was a hit in many ways but not in others.. the Quick 8 definately had the most action with most of the cars running mid-to-low 6's and high 5's....

The bracket program seemed to do pretty well with the dude in the truck owning everyone (don't know who it was just heard about it)

Suggestions??
Even though my alt. took and shit and could not run I had a blast. However I do have some questions and suggestions.

-What happened to the true street style event?
-Is the king of DFWstangs the winner of the quick 8? Who is the street king?

I believe that since this is a cruise there should be a central location that every participant must meet at and then a huge group proceeds to the track. From what I saw most just came to the track. Maybe this event should be re'named DFWstangs track day ;)

The quick 8 was mainly race cars which is fine. However a cruise should have a class for actual street legal cars that can cruise to the track even it is is only 30 miles or so. What street car owner wants to race a "race/trailer car?" These classes should be seperated.

What happened to the car show?

Also I think that this day needs to be longer. 5 hours is not really a long time to run a very organized event that consists of different classes and events. With a longer day, an awards ceremony could be held as well for winners.

There could also be a grude/money class for rivals. Set the date and names and thats it. Don't show, pay up. Lose pay up, Win- get your money. No bullshit or fighting.

All in all, the event was fun. The racing was great but it just seemed a bit unorganized from a spectators point of view. Can't wait till the next cruise.

·
oh shit, he saw a mexican
2,907 Posts
turbostang said:
Suggestions??
Eventhough I didnt race, I was there and had a great time.

But im hoping to have my car running somethime this summer.. hopefully :p

Well anyways, I think the Cruise should be atleast a month away from FFW.
Like this, people can still test and tune and have time to repair broken parts.

Shirts sound kool too. Ill take 2 :D

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
propellerhead said:
DFWStangs Summer Cruise t-shirts

Burgers and Hotdogs sale (although Texas Raceway Concession Stand might not allow this)
:cool:
I need to get off work next cruise and run my junk.

Maybe have a GTG somewhere else first for the burgers/ hot dogs, then to the track. :)

·
Narcissistic fade away
17,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
93coupett said:
Even though my alt. took and shit and could not run I had a blast. However I do have some questions and suggestions.

-What happened to the true street style event?
-Is the king of DFWstangs the winner of the quick 8? Who is the street king?

I believe that since this is a cruise there should be a central location that every participant must meet at and then a huge group proceeds to the track. From what I saw most just came to the track. Maybe this event should be re'named DFWstangs track day ;)

The quick 8 was mainly race cars which is fine. However a cruise should have a class for actual street legal cars that can cruise to the track even it is is only 30 miles or so. What street car owner wants to race a "race/trailer car?" These classes should be seperated.

What happened to the car show?

Also I think that this day needs to be longer. 5 hours is not really a long time to run a very organized event that consists of different classes and events. With a longer day, an awards ceremony could be held as well for winners.

There could also be a grude/money class for rivals. Set the date and names and thats it. Don't show, pay up. Lose pay up, Win- get your money. No bullshit or fighting.

All in all, the event was fun. The racing was great but it just seemed a bit unorganized from a spectators point of view. Can't wait till the next cruise.

I didn't get to see the staging lanes but I think that the TS style event got deleted because no one would come to the lanes. The King of DFWStangs as far as the Quick 8 goes was Truestreet5.8 putting out Unc in the finals (close race)
Like I mentioned many times before - Not everyone will be happy or be able to exactly fit into a class. Many people said they would run in the street class but there weren't any people willing when they were actually at the track.
Quick8 was hardly changed from the day one, Anything goes - Gary (the announcer) called it something else but that is what I had posted.
As for setting up money races - we can NOT legally do that because it is considered organized gambling - or something to that effect.
... and last but not least - I could not agree more that there were not enough cruise type cars but it is hard to get everyone from around the metroplex to meet at any ONE place and cruise from there.
I will work a little further ahead and see if something a little better can be arranged to accomodate this idea.. becuase I like it and many others like yourself do to.. but not many people are willing to make the extra drive to do it.
This is only the 2nd cruise that I had a hand in and again like I mentioed before - it will take some trial and error to see what everyone likes and what works well for the attendants.

·
dead
14,611 Posts
im up for whatever, i had fun.

i think the whole fitting into classes thing was the main problem.

the other thing was no body really knew what the classes were. there was a quick 8 and bracket. we all kind of figured out what those were.

they mentioned street eliminator and every i asked around me, no one had any idea what that was. i tried keeping up with the official cruise page and but it got too long. maybe if there was a flyer or if the annoucer would explain what it was better.

·
IA2
22,413 Posts
Maybe add a footrace to the 60' for those talking smack without a running car? :D

I think the cruise is fine just the way it is. I'd like to see something in between quick 8 and DOT legal brackets but I know there is not enough time to run another class.

·
World Record Holder!
12,383 Posts
mikeb said:
Maybe add a footrace to the 60' for those talking smack without a running car? :D
Yea buddy! Turn out might be better!

I really don't care what the format is as long as it has plenty of Test/Tune/Grudge racing. I don't run the classes becasue I don't like to round-robin my car.

·
Rebuilding
2,802 Posts
I thought everything was a hit. It was much more organized than the winter cruise and believe it will be better next time. I thought the Quick 8 was good, I thought the bracket was good. I would have liked to have heard some of the pre-callouts actually announced when the race was actually taking place so everyone knew how it came out.
I think we should shoot for a June Summer cruise and leave the September/October for a winter cruise :)

·
Narcissistic fade away
17,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I usually go to the top of the page and edit the first post so that you can easily go find out new information without reading all of the pages.
Gary announced the street eliminator once or twice and I guess he didn't see any cars goign up there so he just went on with the Quick 8 and forgot about it.

I actually thought about the fliers and almost did it but I would have to ask for donations and I dont want to do that. I like the T shirt idea and I would be glad to do that as well..but again - I would have to get paid in advance notice that X amount of people would participate and SHOW up.. but if they bought shirts in advance then I am sure they would be there. :D

I like a longer track day myself but it looked like the 5 hours was about perfect.. some people start loosing interest and the time between runs gets longer and longer.

What do you guys think about an evening race? or maybe even Ennis? I will try to get in touch with someone there and see what there rules are.

·
AHMO!
16,810 Posts
turbostang said:

Suggestions??
screw that guy in the truck.....grrr...still mad i red lit against him.

I enjoyed just about everything. I was surprised to not see anyone running in the index classes though.

·
The token Asian guy
8,050 Posts
I thought the cruise to the track from south Fort Worth was good. I thought the Dallas group had one too. It would be too difficult to organize one big cruise. One per each half of DFW seems right. Or maybe one in south Arlington too. If we do Ennis, then maybe the two or three convoys can meet up in south Dallas. But still, it would take some coordination to make it happen. It's best left as an optional voluntary thing.

We also need more hot chicks with Mustang tattoos!

·
Very Thankful!
8,943 Posts
I thought the cruise was perfect.

A good amount of participants, and a good amount of people racing!

Shirts would be a good idea but getting money for them up front I just dont' see happening with this board.

I think lil flyers with the classes would help get more people involved in the actual racing classes.

·
Blue5spd's a titty baby
13,472 Posts
mikeb said:
Yep.

If us vintage guys could all get our crap running the same weekend, it would be nice to have all the old cars running together.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
need to add motorcycles too . post up on bike forum . Quick 8 will be f'n quick next time . when is Fun Ford ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts