DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
AHMO!
16,810 Posts
Strikeforce Heavy Artillery tonight
Humperdinks is showing it if you don't have Showtime.

* Heavyweight Championship bout: Netherlands Alistair Overeem (c) vs. United States Brett Rogers[1]
* Heavyweight bout: Belarus Andrei Arlovski vs. Brazil Antonio Silva[1]
* Middleweight bout: Brazil Ronaldo Souza vs. United States Joey Villaseñor[1]
* Light Heavyweight bout: Brazil Roger Gracie vs. United States Kevin Randleman[1]
* Light Heavyweight bout: Brazil Rafael Cavalcante vs. United States Antwain Britt[1]

·
2-7 and still a fan!
16,954 Posts
LMAO at all the noobs in this thread.
Rogers was out classed by Overeem, but I also think he learned alot from his fight with Fedor, but at the same time he was too defensive and once it went to the ground Overeem was not going to let him up...

·
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
16,272 Posts
Rogers was out classed by Overeem, but I also think he learned alot from his fight with Fedor, but at the same time he was too defensive and once it went to the ground Overeem was not going to let him up...
Rogers is a worthy heavyweight, it's just that Overreem is WAY beyond him and Rogers knew it. He's never been defensive before, always going forward. But against Overeem, he looked scared.

Overreem will be the man to beat Fedor if the fight ever happens. M-1 is a bunch of pussies and protecting Fedor by giving him some cans to fight when they can and just outright avoiding other fights.

·
American Idol
2,888 Posts
Of course he was way over matched. It doesn't take a DFWstangs "expert" to see that. They guy could have at least put forth a little effort instead of just being a human punching bag.

·
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
16,272 Posts
Of course he was way over matched. It doesn't take a DFWstangs "expert" to see that. They guy could have at least put forth a little effort instead of just being a human punching bag.
Are you familiar with Overreem? How many of his other fights have you seen? I suggest going to Youtube and check out some of his fights. He's a freak monster who will school both Lesnar and Fedor.

It's easy to judge from outside the octagon. Try go and getting in one in front of a beast then place judgement.

·
American Idol
2,888 Posts
Are you familiar with Overreem? How many of his other fights have you seen? I suggest going to Youtube and check out some of his fights. He's a freak monster who will school both Lesnar and Fedor.

It's easy to judge from outside the octagon. Try go and getting in one in front of a beast then place judgement.
Yes, yes. I know all about him. And I've all ways liked to watch his fights. I'm not judging anybody. All I'm saying is it would be nice, for once, to see a competitive heavyweight match instead of all of these guys dodging each other. You could tell, as soon as Overreem came in and walked around the ring, that Rogers was scared.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts