DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
My other car's a mini-van
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had our 'Stock Internal' shootout last night - best 2 of 3 - and he beat me the first two races...

I was sooo sleeping on the pro-tree - he KILLED me off the line, but the et's were what I was most concerned about.

First race: Me on the left.

.724 - .605
1.61 - 1.57
7.44 @ 92.56 - 7.43 @ 90.61

Second race - me on the right, which really stunk for me all night.

.563 - .716
1.56 - 1.61
7.37 @ 91.9 - 7.47 @ 90.9

Oh well, maybe next time. :)

Even though the car wasn't 60 footing as well as at Hallsville, I did get a couple of 1.57 60's and it ran low 7.40's all night, with one 7.38, pulling the left wheel(probably the right too) quite a bit on that run - with a friend(Fairmont John) driving. What a launch that was - of course he did about 3 burnouts. :) They hardly had any water down so he kept backing up.

It was a fun night although I couldn't stay for the brackets or Beenfetched's other race. JC got in the Motor Shootout finals and lost to Jay Johnson.

·
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bsharer said:
You let John drive!!!
hahahaha - yeah - he did really well too! You should have seen the launch. Jason said he pulled the wheels like crazy - I was watching the rear tire for spin, which it didn't. Looked like the bumper was about to touch the ground! ;)

My car is stock internal(no mods that touch engine oil), and NO SPRAY. :)

Hoosier slicks.

·
Worship me
34,275 Posts
Lane, looks like you need to hook that thing up if you got 1-2 mph on him but the same ET you got some more milking to do in the suspension....

·
The Fastest of the Fast
8,014 Posts
Lane took a bunch of his stuff out too. Mike put his interior and stuff back in his car a week or so ago at the shop.....

<-----forgot about his front susp doh!

302, dont be scared....if youo have skills you shouldnt crash your shit anyways. I dont have mine in, just a chromemoly piece to keep its shape at 230 MPH ;)

·
iHustle
5,903 Posts
I had mikes car setup pretty conservitive since he planned on running bottle that night..had some timing pulled. Lane doesn't benefit from the suspension that Mike has.......front k-member, a-arms, sway bar, ect. Hell.....I think Mikes 1.38 60 is one of the fastest for a stock 4l60e! Both cars are damn impressive...and I think they will pickup once we do wideband tuning under load.

Chris

·
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AL P said:
Lane, looks like you need to hook that thing up if you got 1-2 mph on him but the same ET you got some more milking to do in the suspension....
Allan - you're right, I made my first two passes of the night in the right lane(with the same suspension settings as I had at Hallsville - 1.53 and 1.54 60s), and got crazy tire wash towards the end of the track, also spinning like crazy. Still, low 1.6's, but 7.5's @ 90, so I softened up the rear suspension just one click thinking both lanes would be about the same(and took a little air out of the tires) and made the next couple of passes in the left lane, with much better results. I should have stiffened the suspension for the left lane, and softened for the right maybe...

I did get one 1.57 60' in the right lane, but still got bad wash at the end and ran a 7.41 @ 90.+... I know it would have been a .30something in the left... weird..

It was that way all night, notice Mike's improvement when we switched lanes...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cmarsh93z said:
I just wanna know when lane is gonna hide some of that baby money away and get the chromoly front suspension treatment :) I get a killer deal on PA Racing components...holla if you hear me!

Chris
Chris, what is the total weight savings by going with K-member and A-arms, etc. up front?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.