DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,186 Posts
You ever thought about running corner carving rubber? I know nitto makes 18" dr's but they are intended for the lightning. I doubt that big side wall would look good on a vette. You might check Hoosier. I know they do sticky 17's and I am pretty sure they have sticky 18's. They are about the stickiest treaded, no dr out there. I think they make 335 18's that are REAL sticky.

·
Along for the ride
6,569 Posts
z28ss21 said:
My F1's are bald, and my car is worthless untill 50-60mph. Whats the best 18 inch tire you guys have run?
hmmmmmm....

<----makes mental note to race cliff from a stop BEFORE he gets new tires. :D hey cliff, i'll be goin to denton to run either this weekend or next if you want to head out there. i'll still hook up with you while we're back so you can smack me around on the street.

marcus

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Sticky 18 inch tires......

2cammer97 said:
hmmmmmm....

<----makes mental note to race cliff from a stop BEFORE he gets new tires. :D hey cliff, i'll be goin to denton to run either this weekend or next if you want to head out there. i'll still hook up with you while we're back so you can smack me around on the street.

marcus
Na, lets meet on the street and race a full qtr.

Hobie I was also wondering about a roadrace tire. I'm gonna check and see whats out there.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YoBro said:
I cant hook up anymore either. Are you staying away from run flats? Im waiting to buy tires when I get new wheels, Ive been happy w/ Pirellis.
Yea I'm wanting to stay away from the runflats. I think part of my traction problem is the car being so light.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The sidewall on the 18 inch nitto drag is just to damn big for a vette, but it fits the lightnings great. I'm thinking about the 295/35/18 BFG g force KD's. I think these will hook up fairly well.

G

·
I use Toyo Proxes on the truck (295/45/18) and the F1s that came with my 2000 Cobra Rs. I don't like F1s. Check out the Toyos for the treadwear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.