DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a problem. I bought a steeda CAI and I read that it requires a tune. I cant afford the SCT tuner, and some other people have told me that I dont need to get it tuned, all I have to do is pump some 93 octane and the car will run fine. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what I can do because I dont want to mess up my car, but I really dont want to wait any longer to put in the CAI, can anyone help?

·
Is it cold in here?
7,371 Posts
Ok, I have a problem. I bought a steeda CAI and I read that it requires a tune. I cant afford the SCT tuner, and some other people have told me that I dont need to get it tuned, all I have to do is pump some 93 octane and the car will run fine. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what I can do because I dont want to mess up my car, but I really dont want to wait any longer to put in the CAI, can anyone help?

If this is an a 05+ car, then I would just wait to get a tuner!

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
You're gonna pay over $360 pretty much anywhere, and no tuner=no steeda CAI.

No-tune CAIs aren't worth the box they come in either. I found that out the hard way.

Oh, and go with whatever your preferred performance shop tunes. You might want to get a custom dyno tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.