DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to remove spare tire around waste:

I started a High Protein and extremly low carb diet last week. And I startd jogging every other night. I'm starting to feel a little difference in my life. I have more eneregy and every time I work out it seems like I can go longer.

Anyway do any of ya'll know a good way to get rid of hip fat. Some people say underneath is a muscle and not to work it out. But I don't know the truth. Any suggestions !

·
Registered
160 Posts
lower back exercises, abs, and LOTS of cardio......

Kelly

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
You CANNOT spot reduce body fat. Keep the cardio and healthy diet and you'll lose it soon enough. Also remember that more lean mass burns more calories so mass building exercises would be a good idea too. Don't neglect those abs either so you'll have something to show of once the tire's gone.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm starting to notice my level of engery has increased but, I'm starving. These low carb diets suck ! I'm only allowing myself 20g a day of carbs and no sugar.

Theres hardly nothing out there besides salads and low carb bars to eat. Its getting very boring and I've only been on it for a week.

Any suggestions on what to eat beside the two items mentioned ?

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Keep your protien up to ATLEAST 1 g/lb of body weight if not more and try cycling carbs in hi/low spikes, maybe two days high and then two days low while using extra protien to keep calories stable. Starvation puts you in "save mode" where your body keeps fat in preparation for a dry spell and it only gets worse when you up the calories again. Take it slow. The slower you lose it, the more likely it's just body fat (as opposed to muscle) and you'll probably keep it off as long as your daily diet stays decent. Another good idea is to only weigh once a week at the same time and day (if not two weeks) as the slow progress can get frustrating if you look every day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts