DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· How you doin'
25,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...it only bent the front bumper on the driver's side down, but it still ticks me off! i haven't even had this thing for a week yet!

...well, here's what happened. i pulled into the brookshire's parking lot and was waiting behind a row of cars for this lady to back out of a parking spot. this '01 F150 pulls in beside me, turns left, then decides that he didn't want to turn left, so he backs up right into me. i honked right before i noticed that he was about to hit me, but it was too late. well, i called and told his insurance (Farmers) what happened, and i had all of his info, and they told me that they would call him, and if he admitted fault, they would take care of it quickly. well, i called again, since they didn't call back, and they said that they are going to have to send a claims adjuster out since i was in a fire lane...:rolleyes: i was waiting on a parking spot. i hope these morons don't try to give me a hard time about fixing my truck, it's not like i'm trying to get lost wages or medical expenses, i just want my truck fixed!!!

· Premium Member
5,697 Posts
that bites

· How you doin'
25,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you think that they are going to give me a hard time about it? i just wonder if i should call someone to deal with them on this besides myself. the guy on the phone made it sound like because i was in the fire lane waiting on a parking spot, that there needs to be some kind of investigation.:rolleyes: it's plain and simple, he backed into me while i was sitting still, and he even admitted fault to the insurance company...i don't see any need for an investigation.:confused:

· Rolling with the homies
31,056 Posts
STANGGT40 said:
...it only bent the front bumper on the driver's side down, but it still ticks me off! i haven't even had this thing for a week yet!

...well, here's what happened. i pulled into the brookshire's parking lot and was waiting behind a row of cars for this lady to back out of a parking spot. this '01 F150 pulls in beside me, turns left, then decides that he didn't want to turn left, so he backs up right into me. i honked right before i noticed that he was about to hit me, but it was too late. well, i called and told his insurance (Farmers) what happened, and i had all of his info, and they told me that they would call him, and if he admitted fault, they would take care of it quickly. well, i called again, since they didn't call back, and they said that they are going to have to send a claims adjuster out since i was in a fire lane...:rolleyes: i was waiting on a parking spot. i hope these morons don't try to give me a hard time about fixing my truck, it's not like i'm trying to get lost wages or medical expenses, i just want my truck fixed!!!
WTF does being in a fire lane have to do with anything? If he hit a fire truck would they be giving the fire department a hard time :mad: Sorry to hear this Brad. Hope you get it fixed soon.

· ¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
Its official, you have the worst luck with new cars.

· None
10,576 Posts
Insurance companies are not in the business of paying money. If a claim is ever made, they will use or try any loophole or fallacy of logic to avoid paying.

Wait until they use this gem on you:
"If you weren't in the vehicles path there wouldn't be an accident. Therefore you are at fault."

· How you doin'
25,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chris98GT said:
Insurance companies are not in the business of paying money. If a claim is ever made, they will use or try any loophole or fallacy of logic to avoid paying.

Wait until they use this gem on you:
"If you weren't in the vehicles path there wouldn't be an accident. Therefore you are at fault."
lol, that's about right. i had a friend go out and look at the car, and he showed me that the bumper was out of line. it moved the driver side down and in, and the passenger side up and forward. i hope that farmers does the right thing here.

· How you doin'
25,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GE said:
There's not an attorney out there who will touch a case for property damage only.
i'm sure, but i have an attorney that i deal with on occassion. he's a business attorney, but i'm sure that he would handle talking to them for me, just to help me out. i don't even know if that would be any help.

· Premium Member
28,020 Posts
I wouldn't. When attorney's call me, they better have an Attorney Rep letter or I'll laugh at them. And then, when they do send it, I laugh at the client who keeps calling me and wanting to talk. Too late for them!

· ¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
MattB said:
Bitch please. Insurance companies take in as much as possible and pay out as little as possible, do you disagree with that?
He just has a different view because he works for one and has seen some shady things.

· 2-7 and still a fan!
13,962 Posts
Bring it to me, and I will deal with them FUCK WADS!

I love fucking with Ins. Co., I will milk them for every last penny I can get. Let me know if you need anything Brad. 'H'

· How you doin'
25,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GE said:
I wouldn't. When attorney's call me, they better have an Attorney Rep letter or I'll laugh at them. And then, when they do send it, I laugh at the client who keeps calling me and wanting to talk. Too late for them!
so, you think that i should just wait and talk to them myself? my story is pretty straight forward, so i can't see how there is going to be any misconception. i should've gotten an eye witness, but i didn't think that there would be any need since we were both in agreement that it was his fault.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.