DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching a Sci-Fi movie right now called Sunshine about the sun dieing and Earth is in a constant "solar" winter because of it. So they send a ship with a huge bomb to re-ignite the sun. Pretty interesting and some great visuals and story. Definitely not a cheesy Sci-Fi. So far so good.

Next on my list of movies to watch this afternoon while at work is Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon and Right at Your Door.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my afternoon at work :D Anyone seen any of the above movies? I think that only one I heard not being release at a theater was Right at Your Door.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
evil jose said:
Watching a Sci-Fi movie right now called Sunshine about the sun dieing and Earth is in a constant "solar" winter because of it. So they send a ship with a huge bomb to re-ignite the sun. Pretty interesting and some great visuals and story. Definitely not a cheesy Sci-Fi. So far so good.

Next on my list of movies to watch this afternoon while at work is Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon and Right at Your Door.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my afternoon at work :D Anyone seen any of the above movies? I think that only one I heard not being release at a theater was Right at Your Door.
man nothing seems as good while Im waiting on BSG 4, it's in the back of my mind everyday :(

2,380 Posts
SlowLX said:
man nothing seems as good while Im waiting on BSG 4, it's in the back of my mind everyday :(
Damn it's been almost a year now since the last Galactica. When it finally comes back on i'll be in the fucking desert. :mad: Which is ironic because when i was Afghanistan in 06 a friend gave me the first 2 seasons and got me hooked.

·
still here
5,885 Posts
evil jose said:

I'll be getting the first 2 next week in the mail. is Sunshine really worth it? cause there's another movie I could rent in it's place.

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought Sunshine was OK but got kinda weird towards the end. Death Sentence I thought was good and reminded me of Death Wish which should be of no surprise because they were both based on books by the same author.

Gonna watch the other two movies tonight. Think most of these movies come out tomorrow on DVD.

·
Ultimate X-phoria
19,895 Posts
I didn't care for Death Sentence. I thought it was done well for the most part but then all of a sudden he became a professional killer over night, thats where they lost me.

·
Say What?
2,007 Posts
Hollywood said:
I didn't care for Death Sentence. I thought it was done well for the most part but then all of a sudden he became a professional killer over night, thats where they lost me.
that's Hollywood for ya.

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jewozzy said:
so sunshine is a go when i see it at blockbuster?
If you are a Sci-Fi geek like me I'd say it's worth a rental. Haven't quite finished watching it.

Hollywood said:
Ya, I thought it was odd he's sitting in his garage fumbling with all these guns and generally looking like an idiot and all of a sudden he's competent in reloading the shotgun and pistol under pressure. I still enjoyed the movie though.

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just finished watching Right at Your Door. What a fucked up movie. Sorta reminds me of an episode of The Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits.

·
still here
5,885 Posts
watched Death Sentence and 3:10 To Yuma last night. Thought both were awesome. Death Sentence was a pretty raw movie with some harsh stuff. The wife thought it was over when all 3 get shot. I was like "no, it's just getting better". Overall kind of a sad movie. I started watching 3:10 to Yuma when I got in bed and thought I'd just watch half last night. Ended not being able to turn it off and thought it was really good. Though, I have always like westerns.

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I started watching 3:10 to Yuma a little last night but fell asleep. Looked interesting though, probably finish watching it tonight.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
evil jose said:
I started watching 3:10 to Yuma a little last night but fell asleep. Looked interesting though, probably finish watching it tonight.
I bought it the other day, Its kindof slow but its real good.

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sgt Beavis said:
I'm right there with you man.

Unfortunately BSG4 is delayed because of the F'ing writers strike.
So when is BSG supposed to startup?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts