DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
STILL EVIL!!
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you ever think that if you didn't spend so much money on your car you could move out? Not so much on this board but on other boards I see 20 yr olds driving 30k cars with all sorts of mods and act like badasses, then at the end of the night go home to mommy and daddy. I guess it's no wonder so many people still live at home when other people the same age are already married with kids. lol I guess pretty soon in society it will be acceptable to move out when you turn 30 :eek:

·
I'm # 209
3,562 Posts
Some are just fine with living at home. I moved out when I was 18. Too bad I didn't stay at home. I would have a badass car by now. :D

·
one at a time
1,711 Posts
stop being a bum ....... your parents made it on their own...... the love u to death dont get me wrong but i bet they are ready for time to themselves

·
duh...duh....duh
9,543 Posts
I can't stand being governed by parents. My parents have the rule, "if you are in my house, you follow my rules." So if I were 55 y/o, I'd only be able to stay out until midnight...etc So, they are in PA, I moved to TX just to make sure I don't have any issues with that. haha

So, to answer the question. If they were truly adults, they'd be driving more conservative cars...most likely. However, I do feel it is okay to chill at home if you hit tough times...or even while attending college if appropriate. I think rent is called for though.

Take care,

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
Ive learned that if u mind your own business it wont bother u as much. My parents live at my home go figure. Everyone is in a different situation some people have it easier than others. Its not fair but hell lifes not fair and never will be.

·
duh...duh....duh
9,543 Posts
I have an in-law at the house. Parents are welcome, time for a little payback. Curfew and all. hahah

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I moved out a few months after I turned 18.... Id rather not be able to spend every dime I own on my hobbies, then have to live with my parents.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
I moved back home to build up a cushion for a few months in my checking/savings account. Once done, I was out, and it was a decent experience, but i by far wasnt mooching.

·
Ultimate X-phoria
19,895 Posts
I left home right when I was 17 which was less than 2 months after I graduated. I don't see how people can live with their parents. I got out as fast as I could.

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
what do u do when your parents wont go??? and basically think that u owe them for all the years they took care of u???evn though it was their job

·
Taliban can SUCK IT!
3,145 Posts
i was out for a while and found out that living on your own was a lot more expensive than i had planed. so i had to come back and save some money for an "in case shit happens" fund but man i cant wait to get back out its driving me nuts

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Hollywood said:
I left home right when I was 17 which was less than 2 months after I graduated. I don't see how people can live with their parents. I got out as fast as I could.

only way i was able to was my room was in the back, rarely saw them. Think i would see them maybe once a week if that due to my work schedule and theirs........

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
If i had gotten my first stang when i was in High School it too would have been a 10 sec car but now im married and have kids have priorities car is the last on my list. And i would never go back ...ever... if i can get my stang too run 7's in 1/8 on my motor ill be happy, may not be the fastest but it would be fun for me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I moved out at 15...my parents had the "you live under my roof, my rules" thing going and I was to stubborn to listen. Kinda wish I'd stuck around longer tho-they did know what was best-and I made my fair share of mistakes. I hope my kids aren't as rotten as I was growing up :eek: What comes around goes around...lol-that's my moms motto now :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
im 21 and still live at home. I work at wal mart, pay my way through school, pay my truck payment, my gas bill, all of my CC's and my computer. I enjoy living at home, my mom is a blast to live with LOL. she doesn't have any rules set forth for me. you guys shouldn't dog on people cause they live at home. its not a situation of, in every case, of someone living at home and mooching off of mom and dad.

·
Still Serving Time
1,665 Posts
i stayed at home for a long ass time. my mom has pretty crappy health and she needs help to do many things. she was real relaxed on rules, allowed me to do anything i wanted.

this past year i moved into my first new house. now i spend almost as much time over there helping as i do at my home. within the past two months her health has gotten real bad :( , so i might have to move back in.. and make my own house payments on a house i dont live in :mad:

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
19,065 Posts
black2002ls said:
im 21 and still live at home. I work at wal mart, pay my way through school, pay my truck payment, my gas bill, all of my CC's and my computer. I enjoy living at home, my mom is a blast to live with LOL. she doesn't have any rules set forth for me. you guys shouldn't dog on people cause they live at home. its not a situation of, in every case, of someone living at home and mooching off of mom and dad.

Sorta the same situation. I live at home, about to turn 21. My parents are great and I dont mind living here. I dont have any rules, they know Im old enough to make my own decisions. Everyonce and a while my mom cooks me dinner or something just to be nice. For the most part they take in all my friends like their own kids. I pay for everything I have including my truck, insurance, gas, cell phone, credit cards and whatever else I may need (including food)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Cudos to those of you that take care of your parents! :)

As for the rest of everyone living at home, move out!
Out of High School = Off Mom's tit

I stayed at home for three months after (HS) graduation, but moved out as soon as my first semester of college started. Haven't looked back since. My mom wasn't THAT strict on me or anything, but I was just ready to start making it on my own.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts