DFW Mustang Forums banner

So MattB and I got bored on Sunday...

2K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  TRAXX 
#1 ·
So after a good hard night of parting saturday night and a cup of coffee sunday morning on my 10x10 slab of shitty concrete outside of my house.. Matt and I decided that we need to improve the backyard. It was a long day, and had to find a hot tub on craigs list... but after a few trips to the HomeDepot we were set.

backyard upgrade: (stone bar/kitchen with lighting/water/etc)

Fire pit:

deck/hot tub:

Ok, ok. So it took a LITTLE bit longer than a day...

Ill post the before pics later, but it everything you see is all new. All I had was a tiny patch of concrete and a pool.

More pics here:
http://s471.photobucket.com/albums/rr80/JordonMusser/backyard/

I am going to add pics of the start--> finish later.

See less See more
#5 ·
No grill top. 1) good ones are VERY pricey 2) it takes up counter space. My grill makes an "island" behind you, and there is plenty of room. if I ever wanted a perm. cook top I could build another stone island behind me and put the top there with some counter space on either side.

#6 ·
Looks good.. Only 2 problems I see.. Where is the beer pong table, and how can we go piss on the fence now without anybody watching!

:D

<--- Waiting for the invitation to the christening party!

#17 ·
Wood will be finished Cedar-stain/sealer.

Lots more pictures at that link at the bottom of my first post.

Aggie-
Yea..workin ass on that too!
well, if you ever come up a driver short, and feel generous ;) I could be talked into driving that thing with you! would LOVE to do that someday!!!

<----keeps fingers crossed there is an old rich family member that nobody knows about and leaves me their loot!!!

#24 ·
Fortuntely I am on a cul-de-sac, so there is a good distance between the neighbors on either side. The guys behind me are a little closer (whole different neihborhood) but it's not too bad. Even at our big house parties we have never had an issue. I keep the noise in the outside down to a dull roar.. or try :-/

#25 ·
The bar and the fire pit look good Jordon, very similar to what we have.

#28 ·
Thanks man, it's amazing what a little stain can do for the overall look. Do you have any plans to stain the deck?

#30 ·
I wish I could say that was our work, the guy that did the work for the bar was 2 1/2 late to start our job. To make up for it he said he'd stain slab for free before putting in the bar.

#31 ·
I wish I could say that was our work, the guy that did the work for the bar was 2 1/2 late to start our job. To make up for it he said he'd stain slab for free before putting in the bar.
2 1/2 late!?! That bastard!

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.