DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
How you doin'
Joined
·
28,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after seeing the one in the new MM&FF, i'm really thinking about getting one! although, i'm sure that most dealerships won't deal on them, at least for the first few months. in the mag, it said that the prices will be similar to the '04, but i think that they'll increase it a little...

brad
 

·
Big "foot"
Joined
·
19,217 Posts
They say that it will be slightly more, but not much. Still close to what the 04 MSRP is. Ford is very aware that they can't price themselves out of the market.
 

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
Joined
·
21,924 Posts
From everything I've read and heard, it will be incremental pricing and comes close to the '04 pricing. Even the line from the internal Ford peeps I know.
 

·
Texas Rangers #1
Joined
·
10,592 Posts
STANGGT40 said:
after seeing the one in the new MM&FF, i'm really thinking about getting one! although, i'm sure that most dealerships won't deal on them, at least for the first few months. in the mag, it said that the prices will be similar to the '04, but i think that they'll increase it a little...

brad
At the Mustang introduction J. Mays said the new Mustang would be under $20k for both the V6 and V8. Some have speculated that that might mean the return of the "LX".
 

·
Big "foot"
Joined
·
19,217 Posts
Re: Re: So, is there any pricing available for the '05 Mustangs, yet?

Kenny_Stang said:
At the Mustang introduction J. Mays said the new Mustang would be under $20k for both the V6 and V8. Some have speculated that that might mean the return of the "LX".
Careful on that speculation Kenny. I don't have the exact wording of that quote, but it can be interpreted a couple different ways. Basically what he said was that Mustang is the most affordable 300hp rwd car and can be had for under $20K. Though it seems he's talking about the same car, dependng on how you look at it, he is talking about Mustang, not Mustang GT. Meaning you can get a Mustang with the cheapest 300hp, and you can get sporty rwd for under $20K. Not necessarily both at the same time.

I am of the opinion that he was not hinting towards an LX.
 

·
"SHOW HIM THE BIRD!"
Joined
·
1,788 Posts
Ive heared that they are suppost to be not too much more then the ones now because they want to keep the mustang a best seller above all other sports cars.
 

·
Texas Rangers #1
Joined
·
10,592 Posts
Re: Re: Re: So, is there any pricing available for the '05 Mustangs, yet?

BLAKE said:
Careful on that speculation Kenny. I don't have the exact wording of that quote, but it can be interpreted a couple different ways. Basically what he said was that Mustang is the most affordable 300hp rwd car and can be had for under $20K. Though it seems he's talking about the same car, dependng on how you look at it, he is talking about Mustang, not Mustang GT. Meaning you can get a Mustang with the cheapest 300hp, and you can get sporty rwd for under $20K. Not necessarily both at the same time.

I am of the opinion that he was not hinting towards an LX.
Actually I heard it myself and his exact words were: "200 and 300 horsepower, both starting under $20,000".

Also on Car & Driver they also report the V6 being "about" $17K and the V8 being "about" $20K.

Here's a link to the C&D video: http://www.caranddriver.com/article...section_id=31&article_id=7671#ford_mustang_gt
 

·
Big "foot"
Joined
·
19,217 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: So, is there any pricing available for the '05 Mustangs, yet?

Kenny_Stang said:
Actually I heard it myself and his exact words were: "200 and 300 horsepower, both starting under $20,000".

Also on Car & Driver they also report the V6 being "about" $17K and the V8 being "about" $20K.

Here's a link to the C&D video: http://www.caranddriver.com/article...section_id=31&article_id=7671#ford_mustang_gt
Yeah, I've run into that stuff on BON myself. I can't play the video (won't work on my 'puter, and the corporates could have my balls if I start trying to fix stuff on my own) :rolleyes: but I've followed this argument for the last month, and it just seems to me that the evidence points toward a slip of the toungue and what is there to leave off of the GT to make it cheaper? Ford doesn't even offer manual windows and locks any more, and the only money saving exterior thing I see would be blacking out the rocker (like the V6) and leaving off the fog lights and wing. How does that make it thousands of $ cheaper?
 

·
Texas Rangers #1
Joined
·
10,592 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, is there any pricing available for the '05 Mustangs, yet?

BLAKE said:
Yeah, I've run into that stuff on BON myself. I can't play the video (won't work on my 'puter, and the corporates could have my balls if I start trying to fix stuff on my own) :rolleyes: but I've followed this argument for the last month, and it just seems to me that the evidence points toward a slip of the toungue and what is there to leave off of the GT to make it cheaper? Ford doesn't even offer manual windows and locks any more, and the only money saving exterior thing I see would be blacking out the rocker (like the V6) and leaving off the fog lights and wing. How does that make it thousands of $ cheaper?
I see your point. But I've listened to it a few times and he makes it a point to say "both for under $20K". Beats me how they would do it, or if they could... but it sure would be nice to see. There is also supposed to be another "variant" displayed at the Chicago Auto Show ( February 4th ), maybe that will be the LX? Or as some have speculated it could be a Shelby Mustang or the Convertible. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :(
 

·
Big "foot"
Joined
·
19,217 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, is there any pricing available for the '05 Mustangs, yet?

Kenny_Stang said:
I see your point. But I've listened to it a few times and he makes it a point to say "both for under $20K". Beats me how they would do it, or if they could... but it sure would be nice to see. There is also supposed to be another "variant" displayed at the Chicago Auto Show ( February 4th ), maybe that will be the LX? Or as some have speculated it could be a Shelby Mustang or the Convertible. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :(
Hell yeah that would be nice to see. I don't need fog lights, a wing and a couple letters on the fender as much as I need 300 hp for under $20K. :D

I'm guessing they would unveil the 'vert in Chicago, but a Shelby would be fandamntastic.
 

·
Texas Rangers #1
Joined
·
10,592 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, is there any pricing available for the '05 Mustangs, yet?

BLAKE said:
Hell yeah that would be nice to see. I don't need fog lights, a wing and a couple letters on the fender as much as I need 300 hp for under $20K. :D

I'm guessing they would unveil the 'vert in Chicago, but a Shelby would be fandamntastic.
I'd still like to see what the vert will look like. I'm a big fan of verts. :)
 

·
3 valves
Joined
·
2,522 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, is there any pricing available for the '05 Mustangs, yet?

BLAKE said:
Yeah, I've run into that stuff on BON myself. I can't play the video (won't work on my 'puter, and the corporates could have my balls if I start trying to fix stuff on my own) :rolleyes: but I've followed this argument for the last month, and it just seems to me that the evidence points toward a slip of the toungue and what is there to leave off of the GT to make it cheaper? Ford doesn't even offer manual windows and locks any more, and the only money saving exterior thing I see would be blacking out the rocker (like the V6) and leaving off the fog lights and wing. How does that make it thousands of $ cheaper?

I see what your saying, but Ford had a V8 Lx for years. mostly all the way up till 94. Whats to stop them from having another V8 Lx? I think their stupid if they dont do that.
 

·
Gunga galunga
Joined
·
7,544 Posts
In MM&FF i think they said verts will follow in about 6 months...Im wondering how lond its going to take the aftermarket to catch up...a whole new platform:confused: I wouldn't mind a new mustang for a driver, I would pimp it, as long as it didn't have the wing on it...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,842 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, is there any pricing available for the '05 Mustangs, yet?

mustangfreak said:
I see what your saying, but Ford had a V8 Lx for years. mostly all the way up till 94. Whats to stop them from having another V8 Lx? I think their stupid if they dont do that.
I really hope they make a V8 LX version.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top