DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Moved to dfw mustangs.net
20,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-ed my engine, do you think that i could get a lt4 put in if i provided the engine and payed the difference? anyone on here work for a chevy dealership? its worth a shot. anyways, i figure i got the warranty, might as well get SOMETHING new out of it before it's up. how would one reasonably go about blowing up a nearly stock lt1? ive thought about HPP3-and taking the rev limiter off, and just drivin to 6700ish a few times..that would have to do something bad. i want a new engine, but is this reasonable?

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
and people wonder why dealerships hate doing warranty repair on sports cars.

Bad idea my friend, they will tear apart your block, look at your computer logs ( if it has some ) and will see the reason why your engine blew and void your warranty work. Dealerships weren't born yesterday.

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
give it to me, i'll blow it up for ya.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I worked with a guy in high school that did that to his Z28. He was having all kinds of trouble with something in the engine and the GM service guys wouldn't help him out. So, he placed a heavy piece of steal on the gas pedal to keep at a full throttle and about 1.5 hours later we came out and it was dead and a BIG mess! :D Needless to say, he got a new engine out of it.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Not a good idea. Unless you get lucky GM dealerships will not credit you the cost of warranty repairs like you are wanting to do and put in another engine. I used to work at 2 GM dealers as a tech.

·
None
12,675 Posts
Ever hear "You break it, you buy it"?

The warranty is there to help you out if the car breaks under normal use as a "my bad" on the part of the automaker. It is NOT an excuse to fuck something up on purpose or "accident". Hell, all booms are accidents...but installing the mod wasn't an accident.

Ooops...how'd that nitrous kit get there?

Anyone who fucks up their car and then tries to get someone else to pay for it has ZERO integrity and a fucked up sense of ethics.

People like you are the reason I don't trust people in general anymore.

·
20,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hell, all booms are accidents...but installing the mod wasn't an accident.
nitrous? i dont have any of that, i have a lightly modded lt1, and it has been in for warranty work plenty of times, with the pullies, suspension, and everything else installed. we'll see how this goes.:D

whats to say that i can't break it under "normal driving conditions"??

·
Resident Pinstriper
5,190 Posts
6700 "a couple of times" won't do shit......and the computer systems are so much smarter than you think in these cars. They can tell you what gear you were in, what rpm the motor died at, ALL of that shit. Don't fuck around and get yourself screwed in the ass....unless ya like that kinda stuff !

-Aaron

·
Registered
405 Posts
I worked with a guy in high school that did that to his Z28. He was having all kinds of trouble with something in the engine and the GM service guys wouldn't help him out. So, he placed a heavy piece of steal on the gas pedal to keep at a full throttle and about 1.5 hours later we came out and it was dead and a BIG mess! Needless to say, he got a new engine out of it.

WTF? How stupid is that?

·
None
12,675 Posts
lowthreeohz said:
nitrous? i dont have any of that, i have a lightly modded lt1, and it has been in for warranty work plenty of times, with the pullies, suspension, and everything else installed. we'll see how this goes.:D

whats to say that i can't break it under "normal driving conditions"??
Thanks for proving my point about integrity.

Nitrous - it was an "example" mod. I don't know your car, I don't care about your car.

Warranty - You said in the original post you wanted to get "something" before it's up. if it's already had warranty work done to it, looks like you already got "something". What's wrong, looking for a handout but too immature to ask for it by name? Gotta try and scam it instead?

Go ahead, break it. No sympathy here when you start posting up about how unreasonable they are about not helping to pay for your new engine.

You want a new engine? FUND IT YOURSELF.

·
20,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[sarcasm]ouch. the fact that i have been insulted over the internet is too much to bear. please help me control the pain i feel...[/sarcasm]

you guys amaze me with your jibberish and double sided theories.

·
20,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dont you think from cost for chevy to build and move these cars, to the price we pay, that there is a HUGE MARKUP?? I bet half of you foxbody drivers would blow your engines up if you had an extended warranty..67k versus 0k.. HMMMMMMM

but thanks for the replies everyone, im still not sure what ill do.

·
I am back
1,729 Posts
blowing up motors is fun you really should try it. Come on I dare ya. There is no way there going to be able to tell.

Come on guys if he want's to be a dump ass and try and get something for nothing let him. (some of are best lessons in life cost us the most)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts