DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to set up a full throttle switch on these cars. The butterfly opens up different than the fox body and I can't figure out how to mount it. thanx

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ya there is a way to do it.

What you will need to do is cut the bracket thats the micro switch is on in half. You will have to do a little bending on it before you cut. Remember to line it up before cutting.

Then you will mount it on the top left throttle body bolt. There are about 2 0r 3 ways to mount the micro switch on the bracket so play with it for a while.

It can be done , took me a while before I figured it out.

G

·
I had mine on the top left TB bolt, bent over to mount horizontally next to the linkage with the blade of the switch facing down. It's easy. I'll see if i can find a photo.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, i didn't even notice it was you KJ, I haven't talked to you in a while. I have put an e-cam, fuel pressure regulator and produmps on my car since i have seen you last. I ran 8.87 on bald kuhmos a while back so i hope to run pretty good with this 100 shot and some new comp t/a's. later

G

·
Yea, it's been a while, eh? I haven't had time to search for the pic, but I'll see what I can find. It's a PITA to get the switch in the right position. It's right up against the tooth sticking out of the side of the TB.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It took me a while, but i figured it out. I had to bend the bracket about 10 times but it works. I appreciate the help. thanx.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts