DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Twice Is Nice
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this problem when installing an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on an SN95. I am trying to install a brand new Kirban and I cannot get the thing to seal to the rails. All of the o rings appear to be in good condition including the one o ring that sits in the rail for the return port. It appears to be leaking from the return port. I have tightened the thing down pretty hard and it still leaks?? Does anyone have any idea how to get this thing to seal?

Thanks,
Cody

G

·
Are you sure the base for the regulator is not what's warped? Try replacing the O-rings, and tightening the mounting bolts more.

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
when I put an adjustable regulator in mine didnt seal very well eather. If you turn the key, and look at the gauge, you will see pressure, and then it drops.

·
Twice Is Nice
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DarkPony said:
when I put an adjustable regulator in mine didnt seal very well eather. If you turn the key, and look at the gauge, you will see pressure, and then it drops.

Yes, that is exactly what mine does, it will sit at 40psi for a couple of minutes and then is slowly starts dropping. It takes it probably a total of 3 - 5 minutes to get down to 20 psi. Also, if I cycle the key several times I will have a little bit of fuel around the base of the regulator. How did you end up fixing yours?? Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Cody

·
Twice Is Nice
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KJ94GT said:
Are you sure the base for the regulator is not what's warped? Try replacing the O-rings, and tightening the mounting bolts more.
Well I have tried 2 different regulators with the same results. The new regulator had brand new o-rings and I have tightened the crap out of it trying to get it to seal :confused: . The only things that I can point to that I have not been able to change are the rails themself and the one o-ring that seals the return port to the rails, which no parts stores carry.

Cody

·
Junkyard Turbo Power
1,542 Posts
sounds like a time for a trip to the dealer is in order.

If its the fuel rail I'd hunt down the guy that sold you those crap bum rails and hog tie him! ;) :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got a paxton fpr and it sealed fine you might have a bent fuel rail that or something with the regulator

1 - 8 of 8 Posts