DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Yes.....its a V6.
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a 99 GT with 31K miles ATI intercooled 9psi. Burning oil smell (smoke from tailpipes) and missing. Had codes pulled cyl #4 is missfiring. Did relative compression test found #4 down less than 10% Pulled that plug found oil burnt on end of plug. Driving home in traffic when I noticed the smoke, didnt start missing til next day. No noise what so ever. Ford wont touch it and I dont want to take it just anywhere. Any suggestions or if you know of somewhere I could take it would be greatly appreciated. I live just North of The Colony.

·
Yes.....its a V6.
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, they are pretty busy lately. I will just let it sit for a while. Though it is nice to look at....Too bad thats all I can do.

·
Yes.....its a V6.
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The blower I guess. I finally talked them into it. Its there now.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
I was about to say. Only reason they wouldn't touch it is if you wanted warranty work done. But we have yellow Cobra come into Five Star Carrollton for service and he has blower w/nitorus and no telling what else. Just glanced under the hood. Which one did you go to?

·
Yes.....its a V6.
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bankston Ford. I know the Service Manager, the problem was getting a "good" tech that wanted to mess with it. They are hard to find.

·
F250-F550 Everything Tech
1,549 Posts
If You Have Any Problems, I Am A Tech Ata Local Ford Dealer And Can Take Care Of It For You.

Shoot Me A Pm If You Need Anything.

·
Yes.....its a V6.
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I will if I have any issues.

·
El Camino
3,432 Posts
My brother in law is a tech at bankston in frisco. Let me know if I can help at all.

·
Yes.....its a V6.
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stang2be said:
My brother in law is a tech at bankston in frisco. Let me know if I can help at all.
I'll do that. Thanks.

·
Yes.....its a V6.
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Needs rings. Compression on 4 & 6 low. Dealership wants too much to fix. If anyone know someone trying to get rid of a cobra shortblock (or any w/forged innards) let me know.

·
Old Timer
4,027 Posts
I'd stay away from BANKSTON .. FYI They are AutoNation.

If you have low compression in those two cylinders its not that bad. Just take the heads off and hope its a gasket. It could be just that, a gasket.

If not, pull the motor and rebuild it.

·
Yes.....its a V6.
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took the car to HPP. Just got it back after only about a week. Manny, Ozzy, Jeremy and crew are a great bunch of guys! Finally I can go somewhere that knows what they are doing at a VERY reasonable price. Went with the 03 Cobra short block, and a list of other goodies and got of there with both arms and legs :D . Car runs very strong and reliable to boot. Thanks again Manny and gang!

·
Yes.....its a V6.
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They showed me where the heads had been "walking" (running lean and cheap head bolts) which was causing the missing. The smoking was casued by the rings being bad.

·
KEK
4,617 Posts
Good to hear you've got it up and running again. Now it's time to bump the boost to about 15psi and install a bullitt intake. Weeeeeeeee.

·
Yes.....its a V6.
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
f0ur sixer said:
Good to hear you've got it up and running again. Now it's time to bump the boost to about 15psi and install a bullitt intake. Weeeeeeeee.
Thanks but I dont think I can afford to keep doing it, it wasnt that cheap. I think I'll stick with reliability fo now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts