DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuck it, im done. After waiting in line for 30 minutes to mail a small envelope, then being talked down to as if im a fucking chud, im done. The overweight black lady told me to take it to the mail drop box and I said, "no, just put it in the outgoing mail behind you". The guy helping customers next to her stood up and did it for a guy, why couldn't she do it? Would it be that inconvenient to stand up, turn around, and put a fucking envelope in a box? I guess so, I guess that $25 per hour isn't enough to justify swiveling your fat ass around and lifting your arm.

She sighed and dropped it in while giving me a nasty look. There were 2 people helping a line of customers that was moving like sap down the trunk of a tree. The credit card swipers looked like they were from the late 90s and were working on borrowed time, and the facility was an absolute mess. One guy was holding a passport form in his hand while sitting in the corner when I entered, and when I left he was in the same position and had not been helped.

I feel that Fedex and UPS do a better job delivering packages, and do it for cheaper and without the bullshit. UPS stores are nicely laid out, sanitary, and the employees are clean cut. The post office is constantly being bailed out by the government and never makes a dime, while UPS/Fedex turn respectable profits. So why is there still a post office? Well... the answer is of course legislation. It is illegal for the post office's competitors to mail post card/small letters/etc, which I think is absolute bullshit, as Fedex claims they could mail a simple letter for 0.20 cents. My solution is as follows- Repeal the bullshit monopolistic legislation and if the post office sinks, then fuck it. Dog eat dog, let the more successful and more well run institutions profit. Mailing will become cheaper, and you wont have to go to the fucking post office and deal with the oh-so entitled gub'ment employees.

That is all.

·
Premium Member
14,194 Posts
I refuse to go to the post office. There's always a 1+ hour long line and one fucking idiot manning the counter. Fuck them.

·
Public Melt Down
1,044 Posts
I hate the post office. I refuse to use them. If they were my only option I would rather hand deliver the package. About a month ago I was standing out on my front lawn and the postal truck pulled up to my mail box and put the mail in and drove off. I went to the mail box and pulled out the mail and noticed a card saying sorry me missed you, you can pick up you package at the post office. Fucking lazy twat was too fucking lazy to get out of her fucked up little jeep and hand me the package.

·
Registered
446 Posts
God I love small town's. My post office usually has a 5 minute line. The mail carriers know me and know to just leave the package at the gate.

·
Sofa Kingdom
9,335 Posts
The post office here in Box Elder by the base is alright, but I still don't go there. I use the UPS store. It's closer, the people are nicer, the place is cleaner and more presentable, and you can send things for the same rates (USPS) there as you can the post office. The ONLY thing I REFUSE to use the UPS store is packaging things for me. They charge an arm and a leg for it.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
I hate the post office. I refuse to use them. If they were my only option I would rather hand deliver the package. About a month ago I was standing out on my front lawn and the postal truck pulled up to my mail box and put the mail in and drove off. I went to the mail box and pulled out the mail and noticed a card saying sorry me missed you, you can pick up you package at the post office. Fucking lazy twat was too fucking lazy to get out of her fucked up little jeep and hand me the package.
It's possible the package wasn't on the delivery truck.

·
Colorado Dreamin'
13,881 Posts
I go to the post office near my work a couple times a month at lunch time and there is never a line or wait. The place is clean, organized and workers helpful. :)

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts
Went to the UPS store today, for a whole ten seconds, and shit got done, crazy.

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Went to the UPS store today, for a whole ten seconds, and shit got done, crazy.
That's because you patronized a small business owner. He has to provide great service with his franchised business, he has to bust ass to turn a profit, he has to manage a P and L statement or he goes out of business.

Does that fat fuck making $30/hr have to give a shit or do shit? Hell no- she just sucks on the gubment tit and continues to work at a snail pace b/c she knows obama will ensure her check is there.

I'd venture to say 50 percent of the usps workers wouldn't make it at fedex, ups or in the real world.

·
Rice User
2,644 Posts
The post office off Harwood in Bedford ain't too bad. I go 2 times a week. It gets busy during the lunch hour and before they close at 6, but the longest I've waited is 15 minutes. It's pretty drab in there, though. Empty displays, nuttin on the walls. It's pretty sad. Service is decent enough though, is what I'm gettin at..

·
LUCIFER
5,462 Posts
I try to only use their 24-hr automated machine when I go. It's pretty easy to do almost anything you need.

·
T-MINUS
28,539 Posts
Affirmative action at work.

I think blacks are doing more to unwind race relations than they realize by the promotion and acceptance of ignorance and complacency.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts