DFW Mustang Forums banner

Should you be able to unload on DFWstangs?

• Yes... post everything that's going on in your life.

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Sure, but only if it's something that is really bothering you.

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • Quit being a pussy and man-up... no one wants to hear your shit.

Votes: 31 48.4%
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys and girls think? Should someone post something personal about themselves to see how someone that isn't envolved think... or should you just STFU about it?

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,088 Posts
I personally would not but there are some people on here that doesn't have a life outside DFWstangs. Their only friends are on here, so the only people they have input from is here and they have no where else to turn. The only problem with that is that most of the time you will never get a straight answer about your problem from these jugheads.

People dont want to here what I have to say so I keep my mouth shut most of the time.

·
DERP DERP DERP
37,341 Posts
depends, if someone close to you is sick, or has died, yeah, you need condolences, but dont go on here ranting about how your boyfriend or girlfriend is being mean to you, or you arent talking very much, etc...

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
90GT50 said:
depends, if someone close to you is sick, or has died, yeah, you need condolences, but dont go on here ranting about how your boyfriend or girlfriend is being mean to you, or you arent talking very much, etc...
I hear ya loud and clear. I think that some people bring in way tooooo much shit that needs to be kept off the board. But the occasional rant about getting pulled over or something like that is cool.

·
Banned
31,394 Posts
There isnt anything wrong with it as long as you arent freakin whiney about it. That and no one wants to hear every five minutes how something has gone wrong in your life. This isnt group therapy, its a fucking Mustang message board. Theres one person in particular that I'm thinking of that needs to quit being a damn drama queen if oh say, he stubs his toe.

G

·
it doesnt bother me that other people choose to do that.

I dont do it because I know that nobody here ever forgets and would never let me live anything down. It just seems that people don't understand that the internet, including this site, isn't a very good/safe dumping ground.

I was talking about this to someone (in person) the other day and I brought up that some people like sharing really personal stuff on this board. We also discussed the number of Mustangs in this town and the number of computer users and how quickly damaging info can get around.

Wouldnt it suck if you were posting about how much you hate your jackass of a boss and wanted to shag his woman in detail and not realize that his brother or cousin had a stang and frequented this site?

Knowing that something like that could happen keeps my postings about personal things to a minimum.

How about posting about the extremely immature and insensitve nature or your DFWStangs.net member significant other? That always seems to work out well!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.