Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 03 Cobra skirts with boral dual tips

Votes: 4 50.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Shoppin for any Stang now
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is lowered 2inch already and im looking to go side exhuast, either Cobra R style or Roush style.
Pictured below is the roush side skirts and the Amount of clearance i will have.
If I go cobra R style, I'll install 03 side skirts and use the borla Dual tips.
Havent had a chance to mach up a setup yet..

Im asking You guys/gals which setup would you go with?

·
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear exhaust isnt an option, Im tired of draggin the mufflers on every road..
The side exhaust im going to make is 1 chamber flows with custom bent exhaust tubing to the side..

I was asking out of the two possible setup's which would you do? Neither wasnt an option but thanks for your opinion

·
dead
14,611 Posts
99BlackCobra said:
Rear exhaust isnt an option, Im tired of draggin the mufflers on every road..
The side exhaust im going to make is 1 chamber flows with custom bent exhaust tubing to the side..

I was asking out of the two possible setup's which would you do? Neither wasnt an option but thanks for your opinion

hate to break it to you but your lucky its just the mufflers scraping.. my friend has a spintech side exhaust setup and his pipes and tips take all the damage. looks uglier b/c u can see the damage.

·
Slow
2,099 Posts
It looks to me from your clearance that the only exhaust that you are not going to have the least amount of problems with is the Roush side exhaust. I think that if you try to put pipes under the 03 cobra side skirts you will scrape. I think that the Roush doesnt look that bad the other would look a little better but I think you will have a problem with the tips scraping on everything and you wont like the way they look or if the get pushed into your 03 side skirts and mess them up.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
do you have a dislike for dumps? i went with a dump on my 4cyl that goes up and over the rearend and dumps behind the the tires tucked up and out of site. nice and clean from all angles and i didnt pay an arm and a leg for tips.
If you dont want dumps and only want the two options you stated than i realy cant help i realy dont think the roush look good at all, the cobra r sounds real nice but i think with how low your car is you will have real problems with speed bumps and such. but hey its your car do what you want.

·
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cant dump it like the way your suggesting. IRS doesnt allow for the flow tubes..
I had a solid rear, Rear Exhaust wouldnt be an issue.. Instead with the IRS the tubeing has to go under my gas tank and out the back...

·
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
going either 03 skirts or 00 R skirts...
The Roush Skirts are sold.... Was way to freakin close to the ground for my taste

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
Roush skirts look too gaudy for me. 03 fo' sheezy.

·
CHAMPION
4,209 Posts
99BlackCobra said:
going either 03 skirts or 00 R skirts...
The Roush Skirts are sold.... Was way to freakin close to the ground for my taste
I like the Roush exhaust.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts